Peter Knight

Display template name

Is the template name a value which I can display?

I've read the API docs re. template names and tried a few things including below but nothing works so far.

Template is: {$page->$template->name}

FYI I'm building a small 'helper' section in a footer which is only visible to admins and it will display page ID, template name and a link to edit the page.

Everything working apart from displaying the template name.

29 minutes ago, Peter Knight said:

$page->$template->name

Unless that's a typo you shouldn't have that dollar sign there. 

• Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By androbey
      Hello again! 

Unfortunately I came across another problem. 

I have a "regular" ProcessWire setup and want to create a separate php script. That script should be executed by a cron job and is bootstrapped with my PW setup. Main goal is to send mails which are stored in a email field. 
      My problem: I want to access a specific field from a template where only specific users have access to. Right now, the cron job is executed as "guest", of course. 

How can I bypass this restriction, so that I have access to that specific field (it's only one email field)? 

Does it make sense to set current user via api? 

Hope you can help me out there.

Cheers,
      Andreas
    • By thomasaull
      I recently started to build Vue SPAs with ProcessWire as the backend, connected with a REST API. Thanks to code and the help of @LostKobrakai (How to use FastRoute with ProcessWire) and @clsource (REST-Helper) I got it up and running pretty quickly and now have put all of it in a site profile for others to use. It includes the REST API with routing for different endpoints, JWT Auth and a simple Vue SPA which shows the process of logging in a user (nevertheless, you don't have to use the Vue part, the API will work on it's own).
      Check it out here: https://github.com/thomasaull/RestApiProfile
      I'm pretty sure, it's not the perfect or most sophisticsted solution, but it gets the job done for me…
      Feedback or Improvements are very welcome
    • By mike62
      I'm trying to echo a field from another page, in my footer. I have a Website Settings page (id 1006) with several fields for general site settings, like store hours (field is named store_hours). In the footer, I have this:
      <?php $settingsPage = $pages->get(1006); echo $settingsPage->store_hours; ?> Shouldn't that output the contents of that field? Right now it's printing a "0" (zero) on the page.
      Elsewhere in the same footer template file, I have this code and it works fine:
      <?php $homepage = $pages->get(1); echo $homepage->body; ?> Does it have anything to do with the fact that the field is organized into one of these tabs, at the top of the page editor?
      (disclaimer: I'm new to PW, and have inherited this site from another developer; that's why I don't know how or why some of this stuff is set up the way it is).
      Thanks!

• By carrdesigns
      In the admin, I am trying to access data from a page that contains an inputfieldand autofill that data into the modal edit window for a new entry.
      For instance, I have a template which contains a PageTable field. When I add a new entry to the PageTable, I want to capture the ID from the originating admin page and add it to a field in the edit modal as a way of linking the new entry back to the originating page. The new PageTable entries are NOT children of the originating page, and cannot be for structural reasons. I have attached an image which I hope will help to clarify the basic result I want to achieve.
      Is there a practical means of accomplishing this? I've been able to achieve something similar with the ConnectPageFields module, but it does not work with PageTable fields. Any input would be much appreciated.

• By Vinnie
      Hi all, Im trying to fill an options field in all the children of the parent page, after I save it. 
      the options field is configured as multiple select checkboxes. here's the code i have so far:
      $this->addHookAfter('Pages::saved', function($event) { $page = $event->arguments[0]; //set the page if($page->template == 'sport-verenigingen-overzicht') { //get the subcategories from the parent textarea, split on newline $subcats = preg_split('/[\n\r]+/', $page->subcats); //(also tried without imploding and adding the array, also doesnt work) $subcats = implode("|",$subcats); //get the children $children = $page->children(); foreach ($children as $child) { //set the options(sport_categorie is the options field) $child->sport_categorie = $subcats; $child->save('sport_categorie'); } //if i use a normal textfield instead of an optionsfield, //all the children have the correct data e.g: test1|test2|test3 //how to get the values into the options field?? } }); Hope you guys can help! Keep up the good work, I'm loving what you're doing with PW!!