anyone else annoyed with this IP.board software?

mindplay.dk

Great smiley debate  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have ascii or image smileys?

• ASCII

• 2 weeks later...

When you go to post a new topic there is a checkbox on the right-hand side to follow the topic immediately.

I can't see a setting to have this checked by default and don't want to set it globally in the template but I'll see if it's possible to add such a setting. No promises though as it's nowhere near as easy to tweak as ProcessWire ;)

• 1 month later...

Come to think of it, I've used IP board and not hated it. Maybe it's just not configured well for code - smilies are probably just one issue.

For code-related boards, I tend to prefer wiki/markdown-syntax of some sort, over HTML input. Just never seems to work well for code...

This thing drives me nuts - if at least it had a post preview... every post I have to edit, it screws up smilies and code every time, ugh...

But there is a preview. Just click More Reply Options and then you see a preview and can renew the preview with clicking on Preview Post.

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to remember the mobile view being better too.

I think they were saying on their forums that they're going to focus more attention on the web app as it's a waste trying to develop for iOS and Android for something that's web-based.