louisstephens

Rendering CSS in body field to display (and take effect)

I wasn't quite sure where to post this, as this is a question regarding the module (sorry if it is in the wrong place). I was wondering if anyone has used the Email to Page module and figured out a way to "move" incoming css to another field, or how to render the css so the message just renders utilizing the css. 

Right now all of the message contents get dropped into a textarea field and display in a template as a jumbled mess. Perhaps I am missing a formatting option in the text area field to render the css and html.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By antoiba86
      I am a bit confused, because I don't know how to solve this problem.
      When I install the module Languages Support - Page Names, my web falls apart.
      I have all the necessary modules installed as Language support for example.
      This is the error I get in the admin panel.
      Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hosting/www/antoibaprogramming.com/public/wire/modules/LanguageSupport/LanguageSupportPageNames.module on line 107 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hosting/www/antoibaprogramming.com/public/wire/modules/LanguageSupport/LanguageSupportPageNames.module on line 198 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hosting/www/antoibaprogramming.com/public/wire/modules/LanguageSupport/LanguageSupportPageNames.module on line 1011 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hosting/www/antoibaprogramming.com/public/wire/modules/LanguageSupport/LanguageSupportPageNames.module on line 1011 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hosting/www/antoibaprogramming.com/public/wire/modules/LanguageSupport/LanguageSupportPageNames.module on line 1041
      And this in the front-end.
      Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hosting/www/antoibaprogramming.com/public/wire/modules/LanguageSupport/LanguageSupportPageNames.module on line 107
      Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on null in /hosting/www/antoibaprogramming.com/public/wire/modules/LanguageSupport/LanguageSupportPageNames.module on line 605 Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on null in /hosting/www/antoibaprogramming.com/public/wire/modules/LanguageSupport/LanguageSupportPageNames.module on line 605
    • By EyeDentify
      Simple example for loading template specific CSS file.
      This example asumes that you have your CSS file in a directory relative to template root.
      Like:
      templates/css/my_template_specific.css
      Also i use in the template a simple text field to hold the name of the CSS file i want to load.
      I call this field 'css_file'
      Use what you feel comfortable with.
      So in your header section of the DOM notice the "page specific CSS" part?
      Thats were the magic happens. What happens is that we check to see if the file exists in the CSS dir relative to template root.
      And if it does we load it. Simple and effective.
      I load all other CSS that is used all over the site in global_styles.css first.
      And make sure you load template specific last, because then you can easily override CSS in global.

DOM header example:
      <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <meta charset="utf-8" /> <title><?PHP echo($page->title); ?></title> <!-- main CSS --> <link rel="stylesheet" href="<?PHP echo($config->urls->templates); ?>css/global_styles.css"> <!-- page specific CSS --> <?PHP /* Use relative path in file_exists() */ if(file_exists('css/' . $page->css_file)) { echo("<link rel=\"stylesheet\" href=\"{$config->urls->templates}css/{$page->css_file}\">"); } ?> </head> <body> Thats my way of doing it. I am sure there is plenty of more ways to do it. This is for the newbies or anyone that wants more options.
      Good luck with your CSS out there in Cyberspace.
      Cheers from EyeDentify
    • By kongondo
      The Module Blog for ProcessWire replicates and extends the popular Blog Profile.
      Blog is now in version 2.
      Please read the README in the Github link below in its entirety before using this module 
      Blog Documentation is here (Work in Progress!)
      See this post for new features in version 2 or the readme in GitHub.
      To upgrade from version 1, see these instructions.
      ##################################################
      Most of the text below refers to Blog version 1 (left here for posterity). 

Blog version 1 consists of two modules:
      ProcessBlog: Manage Blog in the backend/Admin.
      MarkupBlog: Display Blog in the frontend.
      Being a module, Blog can be installed in both fresh and existing sites. Note, however, that presently, ProcessBlog is not compatible with existing installs of the Blog Profile. This is because of various structural and naming differences in respect of Fields, Templates, Template Files and Pages. If there is demand for such compatibility, I will code a separate version for managing Blog Profile installs.
      In order to use the 'Recent Tweets Widget', you will need to separately install and setup the module 'MarkupTwitterFeed'.
      Please read the README in the Github link below in its entirety before using this module (especially the bit about the Pages, etc. created by the module). 
      I'll appreciate Beta testers, thanks! Stable release works fine.
      Download
      Modules Directory: http://modules.processwire.com/modules/process-blog/
      Github: https://github.com/kongondo/Blog
      You can also install from right within your ProcessWire install.
      Screenshots (Blog version 1)

Video Demos
      ProcessBlog
      MarkupBlog
      Credits
      Ryan Cramer
      The Alpha Testers and 'Critics' 
      License
      GPL2
    • By bernhard
      hi everybody,
      this is a preview of a module that i'm working on for quite a long time. I needed it for an intranet office management application that i'm still working on. It makes it very easy to create very customized Datatables using the awesome jquery datatables plugin (www.datatables.net)

EARLY ALPHA release!
      It's very likely that there will lots of changes to this module that may cause breaking your implementations.

Module source
      sorry, removed as it changes too frequently; closed alpha - contact me if you think you can contribute

Remarks:
      The module is intended to be used on the backend. Loading styles is at the moment only done via adding files to the $config->styles/scripts arrays. Also the communicaton to javascript is done via the $config->js() method that is built into the admin and would have to be implemented manually on frontend use. But it would not be difficult of course
      Installation:
      Nothing special here, just download + install

edit: removed some parts, because i made a complete rewrite of the module! (see last posting in the thread)

Customization example:
      in the screencast you see an example that i'm using in a process module. i put the table inside an InputfieldMarkup just to have the same look&feel all around the admin. you see that you could also use this module to create tables quickly and easily using @kongondo s runtime markup module.
      complete PHP code:
      $this->headline('Kundenliste'); $form = $modules->get('InputfieldForm'); // init datatables module $dt2 = $modules->get('RockDataTables2'); // setup columns // name $col = new dtCol(); $col->name = 'name'; $col->title = 'Name'; $col->data = function($page) { return $page->title; }; $dt2->cols->add($col); // type $col = new dtCol(); $col->name = 'type'; $col->data = function($page) { return $page->rockcontact_type->title; }; $dt2->cols->add($col); // modified $col = new dtCol(); $col->name = 'modified'; $col->data = function($page) { $obj = new stdClass(); $obj->timestamp = $page->modified; $obj->display = date('d.m.Y', $page->modified); return $obj; }; $dt2->cols->add($col); // setup table $dt2->id = 'dt_kundenliste'; $dt2->js('/site/modules/ProcessRockProjects/dt_kundenliste.js'); $f = $modules->get('InputfieldMarkup'); $f->value = $dt2->render(); $form->add($f); // ################################## // ajax request -> return data // non-ajax -> render form + table // ################################## if($config->ajax) { echo $dt2->getJSON($pages->find('template=rockcontact, sort=random, limit=10000')); die(); } else $out .= $form->render(); return $out; what is interesting here is this part:
      // modified $col = new dtCol(); $col->name = 'modified'; $col->data = function($page) { $obj = new stdClass(); $obj->timestamp = $page->modified; $obj->display = date('d.m.Y', $page->modified); return $obj; }; $dt2->cols->add($col); datatables support orthogonal data (https://datatables.net/extensions/buttons/examples/html5/outputFormat-orthogonal.html). a date column is a good example, because you need to DISPLAY a formatted date (like 10.02.2017) but you need to be able to SORT this column by a different value (timestamp). its very easy to accomplish this by providing both values in your json. Btw: You could also just transfer the timestamp and do the formatting on the client-side via javascript. Next Example will show ho this would work. Both cases can be necessary, it's just an example here.
      [...] removed
      Why i created this module:
      of course i know @Soma s module but i needed a lot more features and the newer datatables version. also i like to define all the columns as objects and have everything on one place. lister & markupadmindatatable: nice for basic tables but lacks of features to modify the appearance of the cell values (like rendering icons, background colors and so on) datatables provides a great frontend API for filtering, showing/hiding columns, getting data, modifying it... it also plays well together with frontend charts like google chart api in this case:

todo / roadmap:
      all kinds of column filters (like seen in the example above that shows an older and bloated version of this module) support for ajax filters and pagination (currently all filtering and sorting is done on the client side. i tried it with up to 50.000 rows and got reasonable results. initial loading took around 10sec. but of course this heavily depends on the complexity of your table and your data.