thistimj

Page-template permission problem

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I've posted on here, but I've got an issue that I haven't been able to solve by searching through old posts.

I'm trying to allow a user to change templates on only two pages of their site. I've enabled page-edit and checked the box for page-template. When I log in as the user role, the template dropdown works, but it only shows the current template and no others. I'm using version 3.0.39 if that makes any difference. I'm stumped.

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions! They are much appreciated.

Did you check Family > Allowed Templates for Children in the parent page template?

kixe, the page in question is a child of the home page. I don't have any restrictions on those templates.

I accidentally stumbled onto my own solution. It doesn't seem intuitive to me (that doesn't really mean that it doesn't make sense), but to switch templates, I had to assign "Create Pages" access to the role on the template. Once I did that, I was able to log in as the contributor and change templates.

Hope this helps someone else in the future.

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DooM
      Hello,
      I'm working on something like "structure generator" for my own needs which is run after clean installation of PW to create basic structure, fields, install modules, remove unnecessities, etc.
      I'm trying to remove site/templates/scripts and site/templates/styles folders, but I'm out of ideas already. When I try PHP's unlink function, it says that the path doesn't exists, which is obvious, because it will try to delete those folders under FileCompiler folder. This is probably because PW compilation process? I'm initializing this mine "structure generator" in ready.php.
      Do any of you guys have any idea how to get rid of those folders? My styles and scripts folders are separated, so I don't need those two inside templates folder.
      Thanks for every advice. 🙂
    • By pwFoo
      Hi,
      I try to add page-edit-own and page-delete-own permissions, but it's strange...
      If a add the custom permissions it looks like both are children of page-edit respectively page-delete. I played with added / revoked permissions, but I can't get it work, that a user of a role just can delete own content.
      First the user can't delete any content and now the user can delete own and foreign pages 🤪
      Is there a tutorial to learn more about the PW permissions?
      Or do I have to rename the permissions to page-own-edit and page-own-delete to be independent from page-edit and page-delete?
    • By MateThemes
      Hello everyone!
      I am trying to add my repeater matrix fields to the search selector, but unfortunately nothing seems to work for me.
      I have following search code in my search.php:
      <?php namespace ProcessWire; // look for a GET variable named 'q' and sanitize it $q = input()->get('q'); // sanitize to text, which removes markup, newlines, too long, etc. $q = sanitizer()->text($q); // did $q have anything in it after sanitizing to text? if($q) { // Make the search query appear in the top-right search box. // Always entity encode any user input that also gets output echo '<input id="search-query" value="' . sanitizer()->entities($q) . '">'; // Sanitize for placement within a selector string. This is important for any // values that you plan to bundle in a selector string like we are doing here. // It quotes them when necessary, and removes characters that might cause issues. $q = sanitizer()->selectorValue($q); // Search the title and body fields for our query text. // Limit the results to 50 pages. The has_parent!=2 excludes irrelevant admin // pages from the search, for when an admin user performs a search. $selector = "title|body~=$q, limit=50, has_parent!=2"; // Find pages that match the selector $matches = pages()->find($selector); } else { $matches = array(); } // unset the variable that we no longer need, since it can contain user input unset($q); ?> <main pw-replace='main'> <?php include('./includes/_pageheadersearch.php'); ?> <div id='content-body' class='uk-section uk-section-large uk-section-large'> <div class='uk-container uk-container-small'> <?php // did we find any matches? if(count($matches)) { // yes we did, render them echo ukAlert(sprintf(_n('Found %d page', 'Found %d pages', $matches->count), $matches->count), "default", "check"); echo ukDescriptionListPages($matches); } else { // we didn't find any echo ukAlert(__('Sorry, no results were found'), "danger", "warning"); } ?> </div> </div> </main> I have tried to add my fields to the selector code (repeater_matrix.aboutsblock_repeaters.mytextfield) . But I didn't get any results.
      What I am doing wrong?
      Thanks for your help!
    • By benbyf
      not sure why but PW adds any uploads as permissions 600 (e.g. images wont load after upload unless i go in with the same server user and change permissions to 755 or similar). This ever happened to any one else?
    • By Robin S
      This module corrects a few things that I find awkward about the "Add New Template" workflow in the PW admin. I opened a wishlist topic a while back because it would good to resolve some of these things in the core, but this module is a stopgap for now.
      Originally I was going to share these as a few standalone hooks, but decided to bundle them together in a configurable module instead.
      Add Template Enhancements
      A module for ProcessWire CMS/CMF. Adds some efficiency enhancements when adding or cloning templates via admin.

Features
      Derive label from name when new template added: if you like to give each of your templates a label then this feature can save some time. The label can be added automatically when templates are added in admin, in admin/API, or not at all. There are options for underscore/hyphen replacement and capitalisation of the label. Edit template after add: when adding only a single template, the template is automatically opened for editing after it is added. Copy field contexts when cloning: this copies the field contexts (a.k.a. overrides such as column width, label and description) from the source template to the new template when using the "Duplicate/clone this template?" feature on the Advanced tab. Copy field contexts when duplicating fields: this copies the field contexts if you select the "Duplicate fields used by another template" option when adding a new template. Usage
      Install the Add Template Enhancements module.
      Configure the module settings according to what suits you.

https://github.com/Toutouwai/AddTemplateEnhancements
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/add-template-enhancements/