Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bmacnaughton

page name in trash has been changed

3 posts in this topic

When I delete a page name, e.g, /cart/, using the admin interface it goes into trash and gets the name /trash/2573.1.11_cart/ .

I see that, with the Pages::trashed hook that the previous page name (previousPage) can be accessed.

Where can I more information about what happens when a page is put into trash and what the name means?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bmacnaughton
      I have a hook that creates a page for a subset of the pages on our site. It uses the saved page's name as part of the created page's name.
      The problem I am having is that my hook, attached to Pages::saved(), is being called even when the page save failed because of missing fields. Is there a way I can tell that the page save failed due to missing fields?

Never mind - it does succeed; it just issues warnings about required fields.

• By gebeer
      Hello,
      I noticed that the Pages::added hook gets called twice. PW 3.0.62.
      To test , add this to admin.php
      wire()->addHookAfter('Pages::added', function($event) { bardump('added'); // needs Tracy Debugger }); Can anyone confirm this?
      It gives me trouble when adding a hook that skips the page add step (for users), following Pete's concept. There will always be created 2 new pages which I need to avoid.
      Is it a feature or a bug?

• By Kiwi Chris
      I'd really like Processwire to have a robust page based permissions system rather than just template based out of the box.
      If the page tree is compared to a file system, it would be nice to be able to set owner (user), group (role) and public permissions on a page and have this propagate to sub-pages unless explicitly over-ridden.
      With a large site, it's quite possible to have multiple sections that use the same templates, but where editing needs to be assigned to different people, for different parts of a site.

I've seen some proofs of concept that have never been updated or maintained, so I'm sure it can be done, but this is a bit of a show-stopper for me with an otherwise excellent CMS.
      I might be able to have a go at something myself, but since this is security related, and I haven't had a go at module development before, it would be really handy to have something robust that just works.
    • By bmacnaughton
      When a PageTable field in a specific template is being edited I need to know the Page that contains the PageTable so I can fill in hidden fields in the PageTable.
      I can capture the page being edited via:
      // $this->addHookBefore('ProcessPageEdit::execute', ... public function pageEditExecuteBefore(HookEvent $e) { $p = $e->object->getPage(); if ($p->template !== 'rtw-product') return; // $p is the page being edited } I can intercept PageTable entry being saved:
      // $this->addHookBefore('Pages::save' public function savePageBefore (HookEvent $e) { $p = $this->wire('page')->id; $page = $e->arguments('page'); $obj = $e->object; $name = $page->name; // page name of PageTable page $template = $page->template->name; // template of PageTable page $parent = $page->parent->name; // parent directory for PageTable items What I am trying to find is the page in which the PageTable field is located.
      I've also tried having pageEditExecuteBefore() saving $p in $this->context and then accessing that in savePageBefore() but it's a different instance of the class because $this->context is null when it gets to savePageBefore(). I could save the page ID in session, but that seems error prone.
      Does anyone know how to achieve this?
    • By NorbertH
      I have a PW page that is about 2 - 3 Years old . 
      After an upgrade to Version 2.6  all  Pages and modules where gone in Admin backend. 
      As i had no time to look after the page i left it like it was for quite a while. 
      Now that i needed to get the Page online again i searched whith google anf fount that i should upgrade the page to PW 2.7.3
      As the Upgrade to 2.6 was done in a hurry , its perfectly possible that i accidentallly upgraded from 2.0 to 2.6. 
      Please have a look at the images to see the desaster in full color ....