Push file to download after AJAX post

Harmen

Hi folks,

On the website I am working on I do have a form which needs to be filled in (duh) and when the user clicks on download, the data is send with ajax and processed in the same file by using the ProcessWire API with $config->ajax;

The data which is provided by the user will be checked with data in my database. If the data is correct I want to push a file download. But this is not working at the moment. It seems like the content of the (.exe) file is pasted in the console instead of pushing the file. My code looks like this:

if ($config->ajax){  
    $serial = $input->post('serial');
    $DB = DB();
    $query = $DB->prepare("/*My query here*/");
    $query->bindParam("comparision", $serial, PDO::PARAM_STR);
    $query->execute();

$reply = '';

$SN_rows = $query->rowCount();
    if (!$SN_rows > 0) {
        $reply = 'error';
    } else {
        $reply = 'success';
    $installer = $page->attachments->eq(1);
    $filename = "Filename";
    $filepath = $installer->filename;

$options = array(
        'forceDownload' => true,
        'exit' => true,
        'downloadFilename' => $filename
    );

wireSendFile($filepath, $options);
    }

echo $reply;
    exit();
}

What am I doing wrong here or is it a bug? Is there another way to do this with the processwire API?

Thanks in advance,

~Harmen

@Robin S, thanks for the links. I fixed or cheated it in a bit different way. In the success function of the AJAX Post, I check for the reply if it is success or not. If it is equal to success I redirect to the same page with a query behind the normal URL. In the file I check if the query is in the URL and if so I push the file as a download. The only thing insecure to this method is that if you know the query you can still get the file without a serialnumber. Anyway, it works for the time being, hopefully this helps someone else 

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Saleena Jhon
      Hello There, I have saw a post that was covering event-calendar with php, ajax and js. That was showing a monthly overview when I click on a "month" button or when I switch the month. And show the events on one particular date when I pick a day. Also, most events are kind of exhibitions and so they have a start date and an end date much later, and occur on each day in-between as well. So on the template I put two date picking fileds date_start and date_end. Is there an elegant way to select the events using the API? If yes, kindly help me out.
      Thanks in Advance
      Regards: 

• By Liam88
      Hi,
      I'm really struggling with this as it's something not in my wheelhouse. I'm creating a blog style page (a grid of cards) which has attributes.
      I have a snip of javascript which grabs values from checkboxes which are put into a value like the below:
      ?content=static_video&channel=facebook-ads_instagram-ads
      document.querySelector("form").onsubmit=ev=>{ ev.preventDefault(); let o={}; ev.target.querySelectorAll("[name]:checked").forEach(el=>{ (o[el.name]=o[el.name]||[]).push(el.value)}) console.log(location.pathname+"?"+ Object.entries(o).map(([v,f])=> v+"="+f.join("_")).join("&") ); document.location.href = location.pathname+"?"+ Object.entries(o).map(([v,f])=> v+"="+f.join("_")).join("&"); } As I'm currently refeshing the page on button click with those values the end result includes the location but can easily remove this.
      I then use this value in "input->get" to get the values which I then append to a find() rule. See code below:
      $selector = "template='adbank_pages',sort=published,include=all,status!=hidden"; // Get the channel and content inputs $channel = $input->get->channel; $content = $input->get->content; if($channel){ // Grab the channel string, explode into an array for checkbox checking and then replace _ with | to create or rules in the selector. $chanArray = explode("_", $channel); $chan = $channel = str_replace('_', '|', $channel); $selector = $selector .= ",ab_channels=$chan"; } if($content){ // Grab the content string, explode into an array for checkbox checking and then replace _ with | to create or rules in the selector. $contArray = explode("_", $content); $cont = $content = str_replace('_', '|', $content); $selector = $selector .= ",ab_content=$cont"; } if($input->get){ // If a valid input result $all = $pages->find($selector); } }else{ // If no input show them all $all = $page->children("template='adbank_pages',sort=-published,include=all,status!=hidden"); } $items = $all->find("limit=12"); // Limit the output and use pagination As mentioned above I currently refresh the page to adjust the $selector filter within the $all with a fallback $all if there are no results.
      I know I need to use AJAX to filter the content without refresh but I am really struggling with the set up. I have read multiple posts including the original by Ryan but still confused.
      If anyone can direct/help on this it would be appreciated.
      Thank you
    • By opalepatrick
      I am working on my first Process Module. I am creating forms. Fairly straightforward. However, I really can't work out how to create multiple fieldsets?
      $fieldset = $this->modules->get('InputfieldFieldset'); $fieldset->label = 'Customer Source'; $field = $this->modules->get('InputfieldPage'); $field->inputfield = 'InputfieldSelect'; $field->findPagesSelector = 'parent_id=1449, include=hidden'; $field->labelFieldName = 'yff-lead'; $field->name = 'yfflead'; $field->columnWidth = 16; $fieldset->add($field); $field = $this->modules->get('InputfieldPage'); $field->inputfield = 'InputfieldSelect'; $field->findPagesSelector = 'parent_id=1452, include=hidden'; $field->labelFieldName = 'customer-type'; $field->name = 'customertype'; $field->columnWidth = 16; $fieldset->add($field); //Rinse and Repeat $fieldset->label = 'Contacts'; $field = $this->modules->get('InputfieldPage'); $field->inputfield = 'InputfieldSelect'; $field->findPagesSelector = 'parent_id=1538, include=hidden'; $field->labelFieldName = 'salutation'; $field->name = 'salutation'; $field->columnWidth = 16; $fieldset->add($field); I can create the first fieldset (Customer Source) but then get into trouble as the second fieldset overwrites the first. I understand why, but trying to use the open and close fieldset routine has flummoxed me. Any help appreciated.
    • By VeiJari
      Hello forum, we're trying to use Processwire as our REST-API. We are having problems with our API login to Processwire from frontend. It gives us 403 error.
      We have installed ProcessWire to subdirectory (/api/*) and our frontend is static JS files at root ( / ). Apache access logs gives 404 to our POST-request, but browser devtools shows 403 for our POST /api/login request. 
      Processwire backend panel works. We also have a GET endpoint for the API that returns 200 with correct payload.  So we're wondering why does our GET works but POST doesn't?
      Does this have something to do with Processwire .htaccess, or is this because of our webhost? What should we check first? Any help would be appreciated.
    • By rjgamer
      Hi,
      is there a hook after the current (active) page got created? Or which method got called in the Page class after the Constructor of the current page got initialized?
      Thanks.