Sign in to follow this  
bmacnaughton

Create page name with multiple consecutive dashes

I'm trying to create a pagename (for internal use, not for presentation to the users) with multiple dashes in the middle. Here's an excerpt of my code:

$p = new Page();

$p->template = 'template-name';
$p->name = "$prod--$variation";

ProcessWire seems to apply $sanitizer->pageName($name, true) which converts multiple dashes to a single dash so the page name doesn't have "--" in it.

How can I force it to have multiple dashes?

Edited by bmacnaughton
Show code to clarify

5 minutes ago, Brian Scramlin said:

Sorry if this is overly simplistic, but if that is truly all you seek to do, could you just

$url = str_replace("-", "--", $sanitizer->pageName($name, true));

That doesn't actually change the page name though - I already have what I want in $name, right?

Just now, Zeka said:

@bmacnaughton

Not sure, but maybe you are looking for 

allowDoubledReplacement (bool): Whether to allow two of the same replacement chars [-_] next to each other (default=false).

See options argument

https://processwire.com/api/ref/sanitizer/name/

That's getting there - if I were in control of $sanitizer then I'd be set. But I'm creating a page via API so my code looks like (and sorry, I should have included this):

$p = new Page();

$p->template = 'template-name';
$p->name = "$prod--$variation";

So I don't have control over calling $sanitizer - PW is doing that internally. 

Okey, I see.

From sanitizer docs:

* Modules may also add methods to the Sanitizer as needed i.e. $this->sanitizer->addHook('myMethod', $myClass, 'myMethod'); 

So you can add custom sanitizer method and then hook __construct method of InputfieldName and set your custom method for some pages

https://github.com/processwire/processwire/blob/master/wire/modules/Inputfield/InputfieldName.module#L19

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Peter Knight
      Is the template name a value which I can display?
      I've read the API docs re. template names and tried a few things including below but nothing works so far.
      Template is: {$page->$template->name} FYI I'm building a small 'helper' section in a footer which is only visible to admins and it will display page ID, template name and a link to edit the page.
      Everything working apart from displaying the template name.

• By burning
      Hi all,
      Im currently building a photo sharing website and have a first version finished. Next step is to incorporate notifications in the website if a user likes one of your photo's, or comments on a photo you posted.
      Just like the notification bell at the top of the forums. Any idea how to approach this functionality?
      Thanks in advance.
    • By louisstephens
      I have been looking up everything I can to try to find what's going wrong with this. I have a very simple form (title and file field set to multiple) that will create a new page with the name and attachments. However, it appears that I am missing something crucial as only 1 item gets uploaded to the field. Here is my code:
      <?php $uploadpage = new Page(); $uploadpage->template = "dashboard"; $uploadpage->parent = $pages->get("/testing/"); $uploadpage->title = $sanitizer->text($input->post->new_title); $uploadpage->save(); $uploadpage->setOutputFormatting(false); $u = new WireUpload('test_upload'); $u->setMaxFiles(6); $u->setOverwrite(false); $u->setDestinationPath($uploadpage->test_upload->path()); $u->setValidExtensions(array('jpg', 'jpeg', 'gif', 'png', 'pdf')); foreach($u->execute() as $filename) { $uploadpage->test_upload->add($filename); } $uploadpage->save(); ?> I have the max files set to 6, and have a foreach loop to add the files, but it is only uploading one. Does anyone see where I might have gone astray?
    • By louisstephens
      So maybe has already figured this out, but I am stumped. I have a field (test_field) that is set to pdfs, and I was trying to get a count of the number of pdfs in that field so I could add it to a status bubble on the front end. I tried:
      function testPDF() { $a = $page->test_field->count(); echo "<span class=\"bubble\">" . $a . "</span>"; } but it is returning "NULL" . I currently have 3 added to the field. I also tried putting this function in _func.php, though I need to use wire('pages'), but I only need to get the count for that specific page, so I am sort of at a loss of how to proceed.
    • By sirhc
      Hi all,
      Im looking for a selector that gets the pages added a specific time frame (eg. from yesterday 9:00pm to today 9:00pm).
      Is there a existing selector im missing or does someone now a good solution for this?
      Thanks in advance .