Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bmacnaughton

Create page name with multiple consecutive dashes

6 posts in this topic

I'm trying to create a pagename (for internal use, not for presentation to the users) with multiple dashes in the middle. Here's an excerpt of my code:

$p = new Page();

$p->template = 'template-name';
$p->name = "$prod--$variation";

ProcessWire seems to apply $sanitizer->pageName($name, true) which converts multiple dashes to a single dash so the page name doesn't have "--" in it.

How can I force it to have multiple dashes?

Edited by bmacnaughton
Show code to clarify

Sorry if this is overly simplistic, but if that is truly all you seek to do, could you just

$url = str_replace("-", "--", $sanitizer->pageName($name, true));

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Brian Scramlin said:

Sorry if this is overly simplistic, but if that is truly all you seek to do, could you just

$url = str_replace("-", "--", $sanitizer->pageName($name, true));

That doesn't actually change the page name though - I already have what I want in $name, right?

Just now, Zeka said:

@bmacnaughton

Not sure, but maybe you are looking for 

allowDoubledReplacement (bool): Whether to allow two of the same replacement chars [-_] next to each other (default=false).

See options argument

https://processwire.com/api/ref/sanitizer/name/

That's getting there - if I were in control of $sanitizer then I'd be set. But I'm creating a page via API so my code looks like (and sorry, I should have included this):

$p = new Page();

$p->template = 'template-name';
$p->name = "$prod--$variation";

So I don't have control over calling $sanitizer - PW is doing that internally. 

Okey, I see.

From sanitizer docs:

* Modules may also add methods to the Sanitizer as needed i.e. $this->sanitizer->addHook('myMethod', $myClass, 'myMethod'); 

So you can add custom sanitizer method and then hook __construct method of InputfieldName and set your custom method for some pages

https://github.com/processwire/processwire/blob/master/wire/modules/Inputfield/InputfieldName.module#L19

3 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0