Sort settings for children bug v3.0.30

a-ok

I'm using PW 3.0.30 and there appears to be a bug. If the parent template for some children pages has the 'Sort settings for children' configured to a custom date field (or perhaps any field) I can still manually move/drag and drop the children articles on the Tree. I'm pretty sure this isn't correct and also that this isn't how it worked before v3?

Thanks!

I've only just now noticed you are referring to the "Sort settings for children" on the template, not the page. I have never tried that setting before and always define sort settings on the page.

I tested it in v3.0.35 and it seems that although you don't get the modal warning when changing the child sort order by dragging in the page tree, when you refresh the page the sort order is reverted to that specified in "Sort settings for children". Can you check to confirm? If the lack of modal warning is a concern (it does seem inconsistent with the behaviour from the equivalent sort setting on page) you could raise an issue on Github.

I don't think I've ever set it from the page... always from the template... and it's always worked prior to v3.

I have tried to remove the setting on the template and set it via the page but even after setting to back to none... it still says it's set per template.

Screen Shot 2016-10-05 at 11.08.57.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-05 at 11.12.06.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-05 at 11.12.11.png