Profile: Blank Install Package

Soma

I created a simple blank install profile for ProcessWire. I think it has been asked for a couple times, although the basic site is something really good to start with and fast to get rid of things you don't need. However in case someone wants one here it is.

https://github.com/s...ireBlankInstall

PROCESSWIRE 2.+ BLANK INSTALL

==============================

This is a blank site profile for ProcessWire2+. It's done using the ProcessExportProfile module.

There's only the following left in this profile:

Fields:

- title

- body

ProcessWire Templates

- home

- basic-page

Template Files

- admin.php (required)

- home.php (required root page)

- basic-page.php (404 page)

INSTALLATION

=============================

Get the latest ProcessWire install package. Before you install, replace the folders

/basic-site/install

/basic-site/templates

with the ones from this blank install.

Proceed with the installation as usual.

• Like 8

Nice work Soma.

Just thinking aloud for a moment but if simplicity of installation is the goal of this, then perhaps it would be better to do a downstream distribution of ProcessWire; something like "ProcessWire-Clean"?? Not sure of the best way to do this but one approach might be to just maintain a fork of the main PW repo with all these changes applied. If Ryan were to link to it from the main site then folks would have the option of getting PW+demo site or the clean install.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Hmm ok, seem to sorted it out. PW doesn't create a /site/assets/sessions folder. Once I create it manually it works.

Have no idea currently what's about it, something that's different in new versions? Ryan?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Still get the same error... 

I gave ALL files 777 before I continued the installation but assets only contains "index.php" and "installed.php"...

I had the same issue with 2.2.12 . I removed the installed.php, installed it again & then run the sql again that was in the profile. After that problems solved. ( was not blank profile but my own delegate-profile ( will test again & want to simplify the profile )

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Soma,

Just used your profile and I had the same Issue with the error message after the login. Turned out my sessions folder was missing too, so I created it manually with Permissions chmod777 and it worked.

What I observed:

Normally when installing Pw with the default profile, I have to give my assets folder + site/config.php write access. In my case, this is 777.

With your profile, this was not the case. But the permissions on the assets folder were 755, so maybe that's why the sessions folder doesn't get created.

Weird... ???

Cheers

It seems all profiles that are exported and installed this way suffer from this problem. You have to create the folders manually. I already created a new profile using the latest PW and the issue remains. Maybe Ryan knows more about and how it could be fixed. So it's not a problem of this profile but the Profile Exporter and how it all works.

So I can't really do anything to fix it. It's not possible to give permissions to folders that are in the repository.

I was able to duplicate it here with the blank profile, but not other profiles. I tracked it down to the lack of a /site/install/files/ directory. It looks like the installer needs there to be a files directory present for some reason (something I think I can fix). And of course, this being a blank profile, it has no files. But to get this profile working today, all you need to do is make sure you have a 'files' dir in /site/install/. There doesn't have to be anything in it.