Upgrading processwire

davo

Commented already on the video, but I'll say the same here. To prevent having the site down while moving the new files to the server, it's better to rename the new wire folder to "newwire" and do the switch only after all the files are moved.

• Like 4

Jealous of your broadband speed. Suck here with a 4MB connection :(

You on fibre optic?

I'm very lucky indeed. The town I'm in started as project some years ago putting fibre into mini trenches. When you sign up contractors extend the trench into your home and run a piece of fibre into your house. They boast gigabit speed but I've only managed 880 Mbps on borrowing a friend's MacBook with an ssd. www.gigler.co.uk

I can watch 100+ movies at once lol.

It won't be long hopefully once bt have replaced their core networks that they will eventually extend fibre into the home for everyone.

• Like 4

only managed 880 Mbps ? Lucky you, that's fast I would say, I only have max 12/1 here :(

What is your up speed ?

2739975895.png

Here's a result from last year on a PC that I build hard wired with cat6 cable back to my  dell switch to my edge router lite.On occasions though upload download ratio can be much more synchronous -  a lot depends on the load on the server that your testing against at that time eg time of night, location etc.

Sadly the PC I built was a present for someone and now I'm back to my ancient hp laptop. It does mean though that I can have as many devices on my home network all sucking some internet without affecting each other. You could enjoy 0 latency call of duty.. shame I can't shoot for toffee lol

• Like 2

You have more than 500 Mbps upload speed !! With that speed I would immediately setup my own Server(s).

Backups, owncloud, videoclips, all with no hard disk space limit. Just to see how far you could take that from

home. Can only dream about it. Maybe I will move to another city where they have fibre optic.

There are really cool additions to processwire nowadays, which allow database backup and upgrades from admin. They can make upgrading even an easier process. I have to say that I had some issues with restoring the upgrades on a not so up to date MySQL server (so i decided to go with phpMyAdmin exporting for now). Have not tried the "core update"  module, but the video looks really promising.

• Like 2