Plug N Play calendar solutions?

Russell

Hi all,

I'm restarting in ProcessWire again! Seems I never get enough time to learn it properly, and have to start fresh every 6 months :(

Anyway, this time my local community wants to get our web site running again. i originally setup the current site back in 2008 using a basic e107 template. It never came to much as there was no community interest. Now there is interest again, I'd like to scrap the current site and re-do it in Processwire. The original site is here http://maryvalecommunity.com (horrible site, I know)

There's no rocket science there, but the thing I'm wondering about is the events calendar. I'm looking for a basic plug n play calendar similar to what's there. My criteria is as follows:-

1. Small month view of the front page, bolded event days

2. Option list of upcoming events below

3. Separate page with detailed events view

4. New events able to be added by non-administrator editors

5. No major coding required to get the basic calendar up & running

Searching the forums here I found some info for setting up events lists on a separate page, but that misses the extras. I also am considering maybe Google calendar integration might be the simplest, although a less elegant solution than one integrated into the site.

Time is my biggest enemy here. They've asked if I can have it done by October. Given I'm starting the whole thing from scratch, I'm just trying to get the basics up as quickly as possible, while once again re-learning PW. I have no problem improving the backend once it's going, I jist want a basic working version as quickly as possible.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

*edit*

Alternatively, I'm open to suggestions of a better way to do it. Browsing through the PW sites list, I see some other ideas which may work.

@Beluga, thanks for those links. 

I am not sure about your description 'non-commercial use'? I have to admit I get confused by this as well but for the Standard Edition (GNU GPL) it says:

Use the components in GPL-licensed projects only

I am assuming that PW being of a similar license...this can be converted into a module :-)....I am not a lawyer though :D

• Like 1

This has got me curious and I liked what I saw....If I have time, I might have a go but I haven't considered this thoughtfully from a technical point of view...just on a whim atm. What's the link to the thread where you previously suggested this?

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/3925-project-management-for-developers-how-you-do-it/page-3#entry47038

• Like 1

Thanks for the llinks. I haven't looked in dtail, but the dhtmllx one might be a bit overkill for what I need. My userbase will be fairly low tech people, so I need to keep it simple. Possibly I have a clash of requirements.

The fullcander stuff looks good, i'm just not sure about the time to set it up, but that might need to be the way I go, as I'd have full control of the end result with that. I might have to scrap the idea of a front page mini cal and just do a list of upcoming events.

Thanks again.