Moving to different server: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied

bytesource

Hi,

In the course of moving my local Processwire installation from Bitnami to a classic Lamp stack, I installed Processwire 2.5 using the installed, and logged in at

http://localhost/sovonex/processwire/admin

to check that everything worked.

Then I replaced the /assets/, /templates/, and /modules/ folders of the fresh install with my own folders, and imported my database.

On page reload I got an internal server error, and the log showed the following error message:

2014-09-16 16:26:27    ?    http://localhost/?/%C2'>  Error:     Exception: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user ' www-data'@'localhost' (using password: NO) (in /var/www/html/sovonex/wire/core/ProcessWire.php line 147)

Assuming there might be a bug in Proccesswire 2. 5, I deleted all files of the fresh install, moved over all of my files, and updated the database credentials.

I also deleted the Modules* cache files, as suggested in the upgrade instructions.

Still I received the same error message. I know there are similar posts on this forum, but I could not find a fix to this problem.

Therefore, any suggestions are highly welcome!

Cheers,

Stefan

@cstevensjr, WillyC

Thanks for pointing me to the source of the problem! And of course you were right, I had a typo in my DB credentials. To be honest, I should have stumbled about this myself, so I apologize for bothering you.

@pwired

I made it a habit to go through the forum posts first before asking a question. In this case I searched for SQLSTATE[28000] but could not find any solution that fit my problem. At least that is what I thought.

Actually, it is fine asking similar or repetitive questions - it is difficult to know exactly what to search for sometimes and having multiple versions of a question on a forum make it more likely people can find the right answer.

So, no problems, mate.

• Like 3

........I made it a habit to go through the forum posts first before asking a question. In this case I searched for SQLSTATE[28000] but could not find any solution that fit my problem. At least that is what I thought.

The only search engine for this forum you' ll ever need :-)

• Like 2