Hello fellow ProcessWire devs.

I recently developed and launched the following site:

http://whiteconst.com/

Specs:

• PW 2.4
  • Zurb Foundation 5
  • Full width layout + responsive design; font-scaling in certain situations
  • Ajax page loading; window history pushstate
  • CSS3 based loading animations (page to page, project modal)
  • Heavily animated home page slideshow (built with sequencejs)
  • Developed so that every page is properly indexed by search engines despite used of Ajax (each page has it's own unique URL; canonical meta tags also indicate to search engines what the official URL of a page is to prevent duplicate content cases)
  • Form Builder module
  • Hanna Code module
  • XML Sitemap module
  • Video Embed for YouTube/Vimeo module (don't know about this one? you should!)
  • Custom module to that allows administrators to view all projects in the admin section using a table layout with more metadata
    screenshot: http://goo.gl/3HfJTW
  • Custom modal to view projects
  • Custom developed news blog (with categories, year archives, recent posts filters)
  • Content is easily manageable by site admins
  • All kinds of frontend coding to make the layouts look great, especially the project pages (image gallery, videos, etc.)

This was a challenging project for several reasons.  Several requirements and layouts were changed along the way.  Also, whenever dealing with Ajax based page loading, that seems to complicate things by a factor of 3 (must take many other things into consideration for it to work properly and lots of edge cases).

This was also the first PW site I did that needed a blog / news section.  I didn't start with the Blog profile, but this was easy to roll.  In fact, I like being able to build out the blog myself because of the greater control it provides.  I wanted URLs to be formatted in a particular way.  It needed to be Ajax based.  I like naming things my own way (Blog or News? Post or Article?... WordPress's defaults are extremely confusing to the end user).

At the end of the day, ProcessWire was a perfect fit for this project.

- Jonathan

• Like 18

Looks overall professional.

When you click on a slide button on the right, first white contour lines show up,

then the whole picture is blended in. That looks very cool.

Did you do that with sequencejs ?

Looks overall professional.

When you click on a slide button on the right, first white contour lines show up,

then the whole picture is blended in. That looks very cool.

Did you do that with sequencejs ?

Yes.  The whole home page slideshow uses that library.  It's nice to work with once you get the hang of it.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...