A couple of new sites (yarn shop, small agency)

MarcC

Very nice and clean sites both of them. Only minor issue I noticed was that navigation styling on dgcreative.net site could be better. I tried many times clicking on words "DESIGN" and "PORTFOLIO". It is little bit confusing to have them with exact same style than you have "ABOUT US" and "CONTACT" which are clickable links. Other than that - I liked both sites!

They feel just a little bit slow from here (Finland), but sites seems to be well coded and light - so that seems to be hosting / network issue. It sometimes take over 2 seconds to load 160kb image.

Thanks apeisa, great comments. For now I have linked the "DESIGN PORTFOLIO" text to the first portfolio item, but I will talk to the agency team about it. Perhaps a hover color or other effect would make it more clear.

As far as the hosting goes, that's really interesting. The agency site is on a Dreamhost VPS, and the Yarn Haven site is on a Knownhost VPS in Dallas. Could you tell me if you have similar issues with my personal website? It's on yet another VPS with Site5 and I'd be interested to know if there's a perceived difference. It doesn't run PW, but it is cached, though perhaps it wouldn't make a big difference in initial download speeds.

I have heard people say they thought Knownhost VPSes have an I/O bottleneck issue somewhere, and the Site5 VPS seems much more responsive, but it's also closer to me (California, my home, vs. Texas).

Heidis is a tad slow for me, but acceptable.

DG Creative is so slow that it's practically unusable, it takes 1 to 2 minutes for pages to appear on the screen and even then it just keeps on loading and loading.

I'm located in The Netherlands.

Nice job maruchan. I tried them out yesterday and they were loading slow for me too–though not nearly as slow as Antti and Sinnut mentioned. Must have been a kink in the pipes yesterday. But today everything loads nicely for me at least (in Atlanta).

Thanks, everybody. I have noticed occasional slowdowns with a few different hosts and wish I could more easily pinpoint where they come from. Especially when load averages are normal...you have to wonder if a move to a dedicated server would be a big improvement. :)

Nice work, good attention to the details... they both seem reasonably responsive here in NZ and we don't have best connection to the rest of the world. You could enable Gzip compression to perhaps speed thing up... the rest looks pretty lean to me.