AudioMP3jplayer module - Yet another audio player!

SteveB

Sneak preview and invitation to request feature-creep

This module helps you put MP3-Players in your pages.

Based on:
      Audio_MP3 module by Christoph Thelen
      Like Chris's module this one sets up an 'audio' field and generates markup for a player.

Using:
      getID3() by James Heinrich, getid3.org
      jPlayer Plugin for jQuery JavaScript Library, jplayer.org
      FieldtypeFilePlusData module (new)

Uses jPlayer
Gets by nicely with just mp3 files on lots of browsers.
Module methods generate the player markup and javascript to setup the track list and activate the controls. 
Pretty easy to manage appearance through CSS.
I'm finding that the same markup works fine for single and multi track applications.

Extracts ID3 info
Gets track info ('artist', 'album', 'title', 'genre', 'publisher', 'year')
Extracted images (minus dupes) are added to page's image field

Caches ID3 info
The 'audio' field uses FieldtypeFilePlusData which provides json encode/decode and storage.
Module automatically populates this when files are added. ProcesssWire clears it when they get deleted.

Finishing up:
There are hardly any configurable options at this point. I don't think it needs much but there are a few things.

Requests? Comments?

post-1371-0-96580100-1383949986_thumb.jp

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

I just put this on GitHub. It's still a little raw. Tell me if anything should be tweaked before submitting it to the module list.

The AudioMP3jplayer module uses FieldtypeFilePlusData. You need both. I have look into setting that up as a dependency.

https://github.com/sb3d

Nov. 26:

• There are now some demo files in the AudioMP3jplayer repo. You get a template file, an image showing PW's Edit Template screen for the template, a stylesheet for the player. With that and a little imagination you can probably make it work.
  • If you grabbed copy yesterday, check again because I also made a small fix to AudioMP3jplayer module.
  • Like 2

Made some changes to the demo files (CSS, template, readme) having to do with an unfortunate iOS7 discovery. Apple in their way has decided that we must not be allowed to affect volume via Javascript. I've not found a cure. The demo template and CSS are now set to omit audio controls if the user agent string looks like something from an iOS7 device.

"On iOS devices, the audio level is always under the user’s physical control. The volume property is not settable in JavaScript."

This is unfortunate for web based kiosk applications where you can't expect users to know how to find the iOS volume control and you don't want them using the physical buttons. Any suggestions?

• Like 2