Image field functionality not working after copying site from dev server

CliffG

Hello,

I copied my 2.2.14 install from my MAMP server to the web server where it will eventually reveal itself to the world. Everything works except for the image field function. I can select an image to upload and have it recognized by the system, though there is no description field -- probably a vital clue. I click Save, look at the admin page again -- no image.

I've done all the troubleshooting I can think of:

The permissions on the Assets directory and directories within are 755.

The image field type & inputfield type is Image.

The number of rows for the description field is 1.

I deleted the cache from the dev server.

I'm pretty sure there's a simple answer for this. Could someone please provide it?

Many thanks,

Cliff

Hi cliff,

Can you check the Javascript Console for errors?

Also you can enable $config->debug=true in /site/config.php.

Check the response of ajax requests, maybe there are some server side errors?

Wanze,

Thank you for your help.

The debugger shows the following:

33. SELECT field_images.data AS `images__data`,field_images.description AS `images__description` FROM `field_images` WHERE field_images.pages_id='1011' ORDER BY sort [0 rows] [0.0001s, 0.0082s, 0.14133191108704s]

$_POST

Array

(

)

which I interpret (correctly?) to mean that it gets the request but fails to execute it.

The JS console turns up the following (in screenshot), which I think pinpoints the problems. I don't have the technical chops to deal with this without a translation, though:

post-648-0-56181300-1362353041_thumb.png

I'm guessing that something is munged or missing and it's throwing a syntax error.

Cliff

The "501 Method Not Implemented" concerns me a bit, as that sounds like maybe the server has some firewall, mod_security, or something specifically blocking file uploads. But before we look more at that, I would double check that your /site/assets/files/ really is writable. 755 permission isn't something that's going to work on every server. Also, when you transfer a file from dev to production, it's possible those permissions are lost, or are not consistent with the permission needs of the server. You might want to try installing a fresh copy of ProcessWire (dev branch) on the server in a subdirectory. When it reaches the "file permissions" section (same screen as DB config), see what it recommends as a starting point. You may ultimately have to adjust the permissions of the files that are in /site/assets/. Some FTP clients may provide the option to do this for you, in one shot. If you have SSH access, you can also do it easily with "chmod -R ...".