WayFathomAnalytics - Fathom Analytics dashboard in your admin panel

Craig

I've been using Fathom Analytics for a while now and on a growing number of sites, so thought it was about time there was a PW module for it.

WayFathomAnalytics

WayFathomAnalytics is a group of modules which will allow you to view your Fathom Analytics dashboard in the PW admin panel and (optionally) automatically add and configure the tracking code on front-end pages.

Links

What is Fathom Analytics?

Fathom Analytics is a simple, privacy-focused website analytics tool for bloggers and businesses.

fathom-analytics.png?dl=0&raw=1

Stop scrolling through pages of reports and collecting gobs of personal data about your visitors, both of which you probably don't need. Fathom is a simple and private website analytics platform that lets you focus on what's important: your business.

• Privacy focused
  • Fast-loading dashboards, all data is on a single screen
  • Easy to get what you need, no training required
  • Unlimited email reports
  • Private or public dashboard sharing
  • Cookie notices not required (it doesn't use cookies or collect personal data)
  • Displays: top content, top referrers, top goals and more
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

I am a huge Fathom fan myself and I was happy when I read that a module exists.
But I hate it when I am the first to complain...

After the the module install I get the following screen:

after-install-1.png.b67af1b33bda37d2ffdc41a8bc12e14f.png

after-install.png.f8e1495329887ba8077451feb630efe5.png

I am unable to configure the module ?
What can I do?

PW 3.0.123 | PHP 7.3.18

• Like 1

Hi @Klenkes - it's because the modue is using InputfieldToggle, which only arrived in PW 3.0.139 - sorry!

Feel free to update your site to .139 or later if you're able or want to, but I'll update the code to use checkboxes when the toggle input isn't available.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

I was installing the module and this message apperared:

Deprecated: Non-static method ProcessWire\WayFathomAnalytics::getEmbedConfig() should not be called statically in /var/www/processwire/site/modules/WayFathomAnalytics/WayFathomAnalytics.module.php on line 76

PW: 3.0.165

Is this bad? I am not that of a pro in php and I don't want to mess things up.

Best,

Marcel

Hi Marcel!

I think this is a small mistake in the module code. I'll release an update soon, but for now, you can change it manually as follows:

In WayFathomAnalytics.module.php, at line 150, change it to this:

private static function getEmbedConfig(array $data)

(add the word 'static' after private).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

@Craig The dashboard doesn't work anymore ?

I think due to security changes in browsers they refuse to show the Iframe, at least Chrome and Firefox.

This is what shows in the console:

Refused to display 'https://app.usefathom.com/' in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'sameorigin'.

(index):7374 crbug/1173575, non-JS module files deprecated. (anonymous) @ (index):7374

DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for https://www.xxxxxxx.de/site/modules/WayFathomAnalytics/iframeResizer.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

iframeResizer.min.js:8 [iFrameSizer][Host page: fathom-stats-iframe] IFrame has not responded within 5 seconds. Check iFrameResizer.contentWindow.js has been loaded in iFrame. This message can be ignored if everything is working, or you can set the warningTimeout option to a higher value or zero to suppress this warning.

• 10 months later...