jacmaes

Lite YouTube Embed Module

This is my very first module, and I'm sure it needs a lot of improvements, so I'd like to get some feedback. I've kept it as simple as possible to fit my basic needs. Adapted from Ryan Cramer's TextformatterVideoEmbed, this TextFormatter module replaces plain YouTube links pasted in a CKEditor field with Paul Irish's blazing fast Lite YouTube Embed script:

https://github.com/jacmaes/TextformatterLiteYouTubeEmbed

Why? The Lite YouTube Embed script is indeed a lot faster than the standard iframe embed. The difference is pretty spectacular when you need to embed a series of videos. It's also more private as it uses youtube-nocookie.com (so no need for a cookie banner).

• Like 12

Sweet! How about integrating lite-vimeo-embed too? Then the module could be a drop-in replacement for TextformatterVideoEmbed. 🙂

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Robin S said:

Sweet! How about integrating lite-vimeo-embed too? Then the module could be a drop-in replacement for TextformatterVideoEmbed. 🙂

I use vimeo, so would be very happy with lite-vimeo-embed plugin

Thanks guys. I'll see what I can do this weekend, if I finally manage to have some free time.

PS: although I built the following page before this module, it does use the lite-youtube-embed script, so you can check how it looks and how fast the page loads with 14 videos:

https://www.spainculture.us/digital-projects/14-days-14-artists/

• Like 1