gebeer

ProcessHelpVideos - provide help videos to content editors

Although the PW backend is really intuitive, ever so often my clients need some assistance. Be it they are not so tech savvy or they are not working in the backend often.
For those cases it is nice to make some help videos available to editors. This is what this module does.

ProcessHelpVideos Module

A Process module to display help videos for the ProcessWire CMS. It can be used to make help videos (screencasts) available to content editors.

• This module adds a 'Help Videos" section to the ProcessWire backend. The help videos are accessible through an automatically created page in the Admin page tree.
  • 1622945329_backend-view.thumb.png.06f01bd29b1796a8d015a880a591146d.png
  • You can add your help videos as pages in the page tree.
  • The module adds a hidden page to the page tree that acts as parent page for the help video pages.
  • page-tree.png.4cc923ed3c1fd9ef3a802d99e448325f.png
  • All necessary fields and templates will be installed automatically.
  • If there are already a CKEditor field and/or a file field for mp4 files installed in the system, the module will use those. Otherwise it will create the necessary fields.
  • Also the necessary templates for the parent help videos page and it's children are created on module install.
  • The module installs a permission process-helpvideos. Every user role that should have access to the help video section, needs this permission.

I use the help video approach on quite a few production sites. It is stable so far and well received by site owners/editors. Up until now I installed required fields, templates and pages manually and then added the module. Now I added all this logic to the install method of the module and it should be ready to share.

The module and further description on how to use it is available on github: https://github.com/gebeer/ProcessHelpVideos

If you like to give it a try, I am happy to receive your comments/suggestions here.

• Like 15

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By d'Hinnisdaël
      Happy new year, everybody 🥬
      I've been sitting on this Dashboard module I made for a client and finally came around to cleaning it up and releasing it to the wider public. This is how it looks.
      ProcessWire Dashboard

If anyone is interested in trying this out, please go ahead! I'd love to get some feedback on it. If this proves useful and survives some real-world testing, I'll add this to the module directory.
      Download
      You can find the latest release on Github.
      Documentation
      Check out the documentation to get started. This is where you'll find information about included panel types and configuration options.
      Custom Panels
      My goal was to make it really simple to create custom panels. The easiest way to do that is to use the panel type template and have it render a file in your templates folder. This might be enough for 80% of all use cases. For anything more complex (FormBuilder submissions? Comments? Live chat?), you can add new panel types by creating modules that extend the DashboardPanel base class. Check out the documentation on custom panels or take a look at the HelloWorld panel to get started. I'm happy to merge any user-created modules into the main repo if they might be useful to more than a few people.
       Disclaimer
      This is a pre-release version. Please treat it as such — don't install it on production sites. Just making sure 🍇
      Roadmap
      These are the things I'm looking to implement myself at some point. The wishlist is a lot longer, but those are the 80/20 items that I probably won't regret spending time on.
      Improve documentation & add examples ⚙️ Panel types Google Analytics ⚙️ Add new page  🔥 Drafts 🔥 At a glance / Page counter 404s  Layout options Render multiple tabs per panel panel groups with heading and spacing between ✅ panel wrappers as grid item (e.g. stacked notices) ✅ Admin themes support AdminThemeReno and AdminThemeDefault ✅ Shortcuts panel add a table layout with icon, title & summary ✅ Chart panel add default styles for common chart types ✅ load chart data from JS file (currently passed as PHP array) Collection panel support image columns ✅ add buttons: view all & add new ✅
    • By Pip
      Hi everyone!
      I'm trying out the Login/Register module for my site. Noted that the module assigns the newly registered user to login-register role. 
      Once you modify the login-register role's permissions, particularly adding page-edit, the new member role will be set to guest. 
      Thing is I'd like to grant my new users the power to create their own pages. Any advice? 
      Thanks. 
    • By Gadgetto
      SnipWire - Snipcart integration for ProcessWire
      Snipcart is a powerful 3rd party, developer-first HTML/JavaScript shopping cart platform. SnipWire is the missing link between Snipcart and the content management framework ProcessWire.
      With SnipWire, you can quickly turn any ProcessWire site into a Snipcart online shop. The SnipWire plugin helps you to get your store up and running in no time. Detailed knowledge of the Snipcart system is not required.
      SnipWire is free and open source licensed under Mozilla Public License 2.0! A lot of work and effort has gone into development. It would be nice if you could donate an amount to support further development:

Status update links (inside this thread) for SnipWire development
      2020-07-03 -- SnipWire 0.8.7 (beta) released! Fixes some small bugs and adds an indicator for TEST mode 2020-04-06 -- SnipWire 0.8.6 (beta) released! Adds support for Snipcart subscriptions and also fixes some problems 2020-03-21 -- SnipWire 0.8.5 (beta) released! Improves SnipWires webhooks interface and provides some other fixes and additions 2020-03-03 -- SnipWire 0.8.4 (beta) released! Improves compatibility for Windows based Systems. 2020-03-01 -- SnipWire 0.8.3 (beta) released! The installation and uninstallation process has been heavily revised. 2020-02-08 -- SnipWire 0.8.2 (beta) released! Added a feature to change the cart and catalogue currency by GET, POST or SESSION param 2020-02-03 -- SnipWire 0.8.1 (beta) released! All custom classes moved into their own namespaces. 2020-02-01 -- SnipWire is now available via ProcessWire's module directory! 2020-01-30 -- SnipWire 0.8.0 (beta) first public release! (module just submitted to the PW modules directory) 2020-01-28 -- added Custom Order Fields feature (first SnipWire release version is near!) 2020-01-21 -- Snipcart v3 - when will the new cart system be implemented? 2020-01-19 -- integrated taxes provider finished (+ very flexible shipping taxes handling) 2020-01-14 -- new date range picker, discount editor, order notifiactions, order statuses, and more ... 2019-11-15 -- orders filter, order details, download + resend invoices, refunds 2019-10-18 -- list filters, REST API improvements, new docs platform, and more ... 2019-08-08 -- dashboard interface, currency selector, managing Orders, Customers and Products, Added a WireTabs, refinded caching behavior 2019-06-15 -- taxes provider, shop templates update, multiCURL implementation, and more ... 2019-06-02 -- FieldtypeSnipWireTaxSelector 2019-05-25 -- SnipWire will be free and open source Plugin Key Features
      Fast and simple store setup Full integration of the Snipcart dashboard into the ProcessWire backend (no need to leave the ProcessWire admin area) Browse and manage orders, customers, discounts, abandoned carts, and more Multi currency support Custom order and cart fields Process refunds and send customer notifications from within the ProcessWire backend Process Abandoned Carts + sending messages to customers from within the ProcessWire backend Complete Snipcart webhooks integration (all events are hookable via ProcessWire hooks) Integrated taxes provider (which is more flexible then Snipcart own provider) Useful Links
      SnipWire in PW modules directory SnipWire Docs (please note that the documentation is a work in progress) SnipWire @GitHub (feature requests and suggestions for improvement are welcome - I also accept pull requests) Snipcart Website  

---- INITIAL POST FROM 2019-05-25 ----

• By Sten
      Hello
      Till now I hacked something with the twig template but it works no more with new PW versions so I look forward to create a module. I am working on a site in multiple languages : French, English, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Hebrew, Russian. The new posts are entered in any language with a field for language. Till now, I got twig files to get the translations with constants defined for each part of the pages.
      So I'd like to create a module to include theses files added according to the url /fr/en/...
      Have you some observations to do before I begin about the direction to take ?
      Thank you
    • By ukyo
      Mystique Module for ProcessWire CMS/CMF
      Github repo : https://github.com/trk/Mystique
      Mystique module allow you to create dynamic fields and store dynamic fields data on database by using a config file.
      Requirements
      ProcessWire 3.0 or newer PHP 7.0 or newer FieldtypeMystique InputfieldMystique Installation
      Install the module from the modules directory:
      Via Composer:
      composer require trk/mystique Via git clone:
      cd your-processwire-project-folder/ cd site/modules/ git clone https://github.com/trk/Mystique.git Module in live reaction with your Mystique config file
      This mean if you remove a field from your config file, field will be removed from edit screen. As you see on youtube video.
      Using Mystique with your module or use different configs path, autoload need to be true for modules
      Default configs path is site/templates/configs/, and your config file name need to start with Mystique. and need to end with .php extension.
      Adding custom path not supporting anymore !
      // Add your custom path inside your module class`init` function, didn't tested outside public function init() { $path = __DIR__ . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'configs' . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR; Mystique::add($path); } Mystique module will search site/modules/**/configs/Mystique.*.php and site/templates/Mystique.*.php paths for Mystique config files.
      All config files need to return a PHP ARRAY like examples.
      Usage almost same with ProcessWire Inputfield Api, only difference is set and showIf usage like on example.
      <?php namespace ProcessWire; /** * Resource : testing-mystique */ return [ 'title' => __('Testing Mystique'), 'fields' => [ 'text_field' => [ 'label' => __('You can use short named types'), 'description' => __('In file showIf working like example'), 'notes' => __('Also you can use $input->set() method'), 'type' => 'text', 'showIf' => [ 'another_text' => "=''" ], 'set' => [ 'showCount' => InputfieldText::showCountChars, 'maxlength' => 255 ], 'attr' => [ 'attr-foo' => 'bar', 'attr-bar' => 'foo' ] ], 'another_text' => [ 'label' => __('Another text field (default type is text)') ] ] ]; Example:
      site/templates/configs/Mystique.seo-fields.php <?php namespace ProcessWire; /** * Resource : seo-fields */ return [ 'title' => __('Seo fields'), 'fields' => [ 'window_title' => [ 'label' => __('Window title'), 'type' => Mystique::TEXT, // or InputfieldText 'useLanguages' => true, 'attr' => [ 'placeholder' => __('Enter a window title') ] ], 'navigation_title' => [ 'label' => __('Navigation title'), 'type' => Mystique::TEXT, // or InputfieldText 'useLanguages' => true, 'showIf' => [ 'window_title' => "!=''" ], 'attr' => [ 'placeholder' => __('Enter a navigation title') ] ], 'description' => [ 'label' => __('Description for search engines'), 'type' => Mystique::TEXTAREA, 'useLanguages' => true ], 'page_tpye' => [ 'label' => __('Type'), 'type' => Mystique::SELECT, 'options' => [ 'basic' => __('Basic page'), 'gallery' => __('Gallery'), 'blog' => __('Blog') ] ], 'show_on_nav' => [ 'label' => __('Display this page on navigation'), 'type' => Mystique::CHECKBOX ] ] ]; Searching data on Mystique field is limited. Because, Mystique saving data to database in json format. When you make search for Mystique field, operator not important. Operator will be changed with %= operator.
      Search example
      $navigationPages = pages()->find('my_mystique_field.show_on_nav=1'); $navigationPages = pages()->find('my_mystique_field.page_tpye=gallery');