Tyssen

Create a front end edit form for a page with ProFields Table field

I have a page that contains a single ProFields table field and I want to display the contents of the table on the front end and then for logged in users, they can edit certain columns in the table.

What I have at the moment is

$out = '<form
  action="'.$page->url.'"
  method="post"
>
  <table class="table">
   <tbody>';

$count = 1;

foreach($page->fieldName as $row) :

$out .= '
      <tr>
        <td><input type="checkbox" name="fieldName_'.$count.'_columnName"></td>
      </tr>';

if($input->post->submit) :

$page->of(false);
        $page->set('fieldName_'.$count.'_columnName', $sanitizer->text($input->post->{fieldName_'.$count.'_columnName}));
        $page->save();

endif;

$count++;

endforeach;

$out .= '
   </tbody>
  </table>
  <button class="button" type="submit">Save</button>
</form>';

The two problems I have are:

1. I get an error trying from $sanitizer->text($input->post->{fieldName_'.$count.'_columnName}), not sure how to make that dynamic. 
  2. If I change the above to just a static value, e.g. $page->set('fieldName_1_columnName', 'Testing') and save the form, it's not saving the values to the database.

Where am I going wrong?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By benbyf
      Hi, Looking to create form elements on a page–some input with a colection of form inputs and the appropriate labels and variables for that input. I've used ProForms in the past and rolled out my own when creating simply one off forms, but I wonder if anyone has found a good way of allowing form creation on page editing so that clients can adhocly make and edit forms?
      Thanks
    • By ngrmm
      I have a page with a table. Each table row has a page-reference field and a checkbox.
      The Page sends emails to all users (page-refrence->email-field) and change the value of the checkbox in a row to 1.
      It works with this:
      <?php // event ID fron url query $eventID = $input->get('eventID','int'); // get event-page $event = $pages->get($eventID); // config $fromEmail = $event->event_mail_from; $fromName = $event->event_mail_from_name; $emailSubject = $event->event_subject; // email html body ob_start(); include('./_inc/emailbody.inc'); $emailBody = ob_get_clean(); // make event-page editable $event->of(false); // loop through table and send out emails foreach($event->event_clients_list as $event_table_row) { // get client page $clientPage = $event_table_row->client_name; // get client email $clientEmail = $clientPage->email; // if client isn't invited yet (checkbox not checked) if($event_table_row->client_invited == '') { // send email $m = new WireMail(); $m->to($clientEmail); $m->from($fromEmail, $fromName); $m->subject($emailSubject); $m->bodyHTML($emailBody); $m->send(); // mark client as invited $event_table_row->client_invited = 1; $event->save('event_clients_list'); } } ?> But i have to use a variable in my emailbody.inc which i'm able to get in the table-loop.
      So i do the including of the body inside my loop. But this doesn't work anymore. Page sends out the emails but is unable to change the value of the checkbox.
      I get no errors!
      I'm using ProTable
      <?php // event ID fron url query $eventID = $input->get('eventID','int'); // get event-page $event = $pages->get($eventID); // config $fromEmail = $event->event_mail_from; $fromName = $event->event_mail_from_name; $emailSubject = $event->event_subject; // loop through table and send out emails foreach($event->event_clients_list as $event_table_row) { // get client page $clientPage = $event_table_row->client_name; // get client email $clientEmail = $clientPage->email; // email html body ob_start(); include('./_inc/emailbody.inc'); $emailBody = ob_get_clean(); // make event-page editable $event->of(false); // if client isn't invited yet (checkbox not checked) if($event_table_row->client_invited == '') { // send email $m = new WireMail(); $m->to($clientEmail); $m->from($fromEmail, $fromName); $m->subject($emailSubject); $m->bodyHTML($emailBody); $m->send(); // mark client as invited $event_table_row->client_invited = 1; $event->save('event_clients_list'); } } ?>  
    • By maba
      Hello,
      I need to import regularly - every 15 or 30 days - a big .xslx file into my PW installation.
      This file now has 14 columns, 5.000 rows and grows every month.
      I'll need to group, order and work with these data to:
      analyse User monthly costs analyse User costs per Asset ... User (real AD account) has to match with a PW user - I can't join to the domain - but as you can see I have some services users (start with sca_*) or no user at all. Those rows have to be assigned to a specific user, e.g. account100.
      And:
      I would like to be able to have a kind of diff function to compare User assets between this and last month (and so on) other request is to have a notification when something change for a User between actual and latest import First request: which is the best solution to store those data in your opinion? Page, Table, Repeater Matrix, ...?
      Those are very repetitive data and I think a page reference is better than to import all the data every time but I have to understand how to manage those "dynamic" groups of software (AccType Det), hardware (Asset), ... For example Price will be imported and not stored with the description because it could be change in the future and I'll not have any control on it.
      Thanks!
      User,OE,productNmr,AccType1,AccType Det,Count,Price (€),Sum,ASNA,CC,AccType Info,Asset,AccGroup,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    • By Mithlesh
      Changing it to null
    • By VeiJari
      Hello forum. I'm trying to figure out how to detect if current form has errors after saving it in pw admin page. This is so that our event location isn't added in database if we detect errors. But I can't seem to find a correct way to detect errors? I only found the wire()->errors() and it always triggers even if I don't have any errors. 
      How can I detect errors in a form?
      By error I mean $page->error('this is the red error');