ridgedale

[Solved] PW3 - Login Redirect Query

Reference: PW 3.0.111 and uikit3 based site using the Regular-Master profile.

I'm trying to automatically redirect a logged-in user to a custom profile page using $session->redirect() and need to add $user->name to the redirect path.

All my attempts appear to have failed:

$session->redirect('/user-profile/')->name;

$session->redirect('/user-profile/')->$user->name;

$session->redirect('/user-profile/' . get($user->name . '/'));

$session->redirect('/user-profile/' & get($user->name));

Can anyone point out where I am going wrong?

Or even easier with

$session->redirect("/user-profile/$user->name");

• Like 1

Thanks jmartsch. I tried that earlier but forgot to switch the single ' for the " which is why it didnt work. 

@louisstephens @jmartsch ,

Thank you both for your speedy solutions. Much appreciated.

2 hours ago, louisstephens said:

Thanks jmartsch. I tried that earlier but forgot to switch the single ' for the " which is why it didnt work. 

I think I tried that as well making the same mistake.  😞

Thanks again to you both.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tyssen
      I have a client who is reporting that in the last couple of days they can no longer login to their site with their normal browser (Chrome). Using another browser or an incognito window works.
      I've tried logging into the site using the same login details in my usual browser (Firefox) and have had no problems.
      The site is a membership site and today other members are reporting the same problem.
      The site is running 3.0.148 and has the session handler DB and login throttle modules installed. It was recently upgraded to 3.x from 2.x. But no changes have been made to the site between the time when they were able to login OK and when the problem started happening.
    • By codevark
      The Minimal Site works fine, but if I try to login as admin, I have no idea what the credentials are.
      I did not do the "install" process myself. The OVA came with everything set up, but there's no mention of the PW admin credentials being set to some initial value.
      Wondering if anyone else has tried the Bitnami OVA and if there's a simple answer.
      --Pete
    • By muzzer
      Existing PW site version 2.7.2 core running on php7.1. Site is perhaps 7 yrs old and never misses a beat. Can't speak highly enough about this solid version, but....
      As new php versions are released (v8 in the next year I think?) and each seems to get quicker I'm looking at upgrading to php7.3 or 7.4 and upgrading the site to PW v3.x.
      I've been away from the forums since v3 was released so don't know much about it. I guess it's stable as it's been around for ages now, but what I'm wondering is:
      what are the real advantages of upgrading to v3 for a site which is actively used but with only periodic development. And what are the disadvantages if any? Is there any speed impact (good or bad) in either general site speed under 3.x or admin-use speed/ease of use? any issues with either PW version with newer php versions (>7.1) I should know about? is there any good write-ups/vids about new features etc of v3 compared to v2.7? Thank you

• By franciccio-ITALIANO
      Hi, I need to provide a quite complex user registration form: description, subdescription, drop-down lists etc. 
      Through this registration, users will be able to access and comment.
      If someone responds to their comments, I would like a NOTIFICATION to appear when accessing their panel.
      My social interaction project is just that, it seems simple, I don't need more.
      Now I am undecided whether to use buddypress, elgg, or a native processwire system.
      What do you recommend? 
      If you recommend processwire, which modules should I install?
      Do they work or is processwire too immature for that?
      Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)