To display the web site in English and Chinese

SIERRA

Hi,

Thanks for your reply

The field that you referred inside 'Setting' was empty. Then I updated with the value 'cn' as referred in attached screen shot. Now in view->New window/Tab->Chinese this is displaying the Chinese version that I created. And in view->New window/Tab-> English this is displaying the English version.

Actually I would like to have the front of the site alone in both 'English' and 'Chinese' version. I have attached the steps what I am doing in my first post (pw-reference-09052018.docx). Could you please confirm what I am doing is the correct way. Thanks

ref-24042018.docx

44 minutes ago, SIERRA said:

the front of the site alone in both 'English' and 'Chinese' version

So you want the homepage to be displayed in both languages at the same time?
Please refer to this article about multi-language fields. There are lot of examples that will guide you through the handling of multi-language fields/sites/setups.

https://processwire.com/api/multi-language-support/multi-language-fields/

44 minutes ago, SIERRA said:

Could you please confirm what I am doing is the correct way.

As far as I understand your goal you want to achieve and the settings I see it looks pretty well so far.

So you want the homepage to be displayed in both languages at the same time? - Yes I would like to have all pages of the website (the front end of the website alone not admin panel) in both 'English' and 'Chinese' with a language switcher provision. 

So not at the same time. The user has to decide/switch to its favourite language.

To get this done please read the article I linked above. You may although want to create a new ProcessWire instance with the Multi-Language Profile. In that profile you will find almost everything you want and need.

This will help you to understand how ProcessWire handles everything.

So not at the same time. The user has to decide/switch to its favourite language.

-- Yes

To get this done please read the article I linked above. You may although want to create a new ProcessWire instance with the Multi-Language Profile. In that profile you will find almost everything you want and need.

-- Ok, will check on this. Thanks