dragan

Getting logged out when using two PW sites on same domain

If I have two PW sites that sit in separate folders, I can't be logged-in in both sites.

e.g.

site.com/project-a/pw-admin-slug/

site.com/project-b/pw-admin-slug/

If I login to project-a, then also login to project-b, get back to the first site, I have to login again.

Is the cookie / session mechanism storing my domain? If it does, and it's meant to be some sort of security enhancement, it should not check my domain, but root-URL of the PW-installation. (strangely, this doesn't happen on localhost)

Is it possible to prevent that behavior? Often I have two sites open (e.g. check to see if I have the same CKEditor setup and quickly copy and paste it, or copy a user-role)

Edited by dragan
re-phrasing

The cookie contains: domain and path

Although both PW instances create the same named cookie.

I'd move sites to subdomains. That works without any problems.

2018-05-04 15_35_27-Pages • ProcessWire • nerd.to.png

• Like 2

Agree with @wbmnfktr Have always used subdomains on my development host and never encountered this issue

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tyssen
      I have a client who is reporting that in the last couple of days they can no longer login to their site with their normal browser (Chrome). Using another browser or an incognito window works.
      I've tried logging into the site using the same login details in my usual browser (Firefox) and have had no problems.
      The site is a membership site and today other members are reporting the same problem.
      The site is running 3.0.148 and has the session handler DB and login throttle modules installed. It was recently upgraded to 3.x from 2.x. But no changes have been made to the site between the time when they were able to login OK and when the problem started happening.
    • By codevark
      The Minimal Site works fine, but if I try to login as admin, I have no idea what the credentials are.
      I did not do the "install" process myself. The OVA came with everything set up, but there's no mention of the PW admin credentials being set to some initial value.
      Wondering if anyone else has tried the Bitnami OVA and if there's a simple answer.
      --Pete
    • By derelektrischemoench
      Hi guys,
      I'm facing a somewhat strange issue here which I can't quite wrap my head around. 
      I have a PW site in development which runs on three machines simultaneously, one staging server which is accessible as a preview instance for my customer, my PC and my laptop. 
      I have three completely identical settings on each of the three machines (same apache version, same php version, same codebase, same database); however on my PC I am unable to log into the backend. I get no error message or anything, when I try to login; i just get redirected to the login  page. I have already enabled database driven sessions (I enabled them on my laptop, then I dumped the database and copied it to my pc); I have cleared the cache directory; I cleared the sessions in the database; I cleared my browser caches, I tried different browsers, all to no avail; I am unable to login when using my pc, the instances all have the same .htaccess.
      Is there something I'm missing here or does anyone have a clue as to what my issue here might be? I'm using processwire 3.0.123
      Thanks for any input, greetings
      derelektrischemoench

//edit: I've noticed something interesting; despite the directories of my web folders being the same layout; when I open the admin page i get a 404 on the processwire/ resource in the networks panel of chrome; on my laptop I get a  200.... I guess this is where my problem is; but why?

• By derelektrischemoench
      Hi guys,
      I'm facing a somewhat strange issue here which I can't quite wrap my head around. 
      I have a PW site in development which runs on three machines simultaneously, one staging server which is accessible as a preview instance for my customer, my PC and my laptop. 
      I have three completely identical settings on each of the three machines (same apache version, same php version, same codebase, same database); however on my PC I am unable to log into the backend. I get no error message or anything, when I try to login; i just get redirected to the login  page. I have already enabled database driven sessions (I enabled them on my laptop, then I dumped the database and copied it to my pc); I have cleared the cache directory; I cleared the sessions in the database; I cleared my browser caches, I tried different browsers, all to no avail; I am unable to login when using my pc, the instances all have the same .htaccess.
      Is there something I'm missing here or does anyone have a clue as to what my issue here might be? I'm using processwire 3.0.123
      Thanks for any input, greetings
      derelektrischemoench

• By Peter Knight
      How do you guys handle large session tables when sessions are being recorded to the database?
      I notice one of my sites has a session table of over 14MB 
      Am I missing a way in the Admin or a module to auto-remove any sessions older than X days?
      Thanks