Mirza

Arabic content changes not available in page getChanges method

Hi All,

Arabic content changes not available in page getChanges method

While editing the page from admin panel in the multi-language field, added a hook to save the changes made to the page.

$this->pages->addHookAfter('saveReady', $this, 'hookUpdateLog');

public function hookUpdateLog(HookEvent $event) {
    $page = $event->arguments[0];

if(in_array($page->template->name, $this->templateList)) {
        $this->logFieldChanges($page);
    }
}
public function logFieldChanges($page) {
    $changes = $page->getChanges(); //This changes does not contain the field of arabic changes.

}

Please let me know, If I am approaching in a right way.

Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 10.50.21 AM.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MoritzLost
      I'm trying to build a bitwise filter for a database query for my textformatter module, and I stumbled over some page statuses I don't quite understand:
      /** * Page has pending draft changes (name: "draft"). * #pw-internal * */ const statusDraft = 64; /** * Page has version data available (name: "versions"). * #pw-internal * */ const statusVersions = 128; If I'm not mistaked, there's no way to create multiple draft of a page in the ProcessWire core without module, is that correct? I initially assumed was the status assigned to unpublished pages, but the unpublished status corresponds to id 2048. Is the only way to create drafts with the ProDrafts module?
      For my purposes, I just need to understand how I should treat those statuses. I'm trying to get all pages that are published and either hidden or not hidden (I want to make this configurable). Do I need to exclude pages that have the statusDraft, or statusVersions? Only one of them? Only in combination with other statuses? Or can I safely ignore those (so it's fine if the pages have the status or not)? I don't own the ProDrafts module, so I can't check the code to see how individual drafts are stored and how the draft ids correspond to the published id.
      Any insight into those statuses is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    • By usualCommission
      Hey everyone,
      I'm pretty experienced with pagination and haven't seen this before. I have my pages pulled using $pages->find, which is working fine however using renderPager() generates pagination where the links do not work. Here are some details.
      All templates needing pagination have pagination enabled in the admin. URL Segments are not enabled. Clicking on the "Next" or numbered links merely reloads the current page. The link href values are properly being output with the urls being /page2, /page3, /page4, etc. Manually entering the paginated urls has the same effect of reloading the current page with no new content. Pages are being returned from the ->find function properly and with the proper limit. A few other details:
      ProcessWire v3.0.98 Multi-language is enabled, 2 languages implemented. Pagination does not work on either language Have very few modules installed (few enough to list), none of which I could see interfering: ProFields, ProDrafts, ListerPro, DB Backups, Cronjob DB Backup, Upgrades, Upgrade Checker, Force Password Change, Markup Sitemap XML I'm stumped. For the sake of being overly-thorough, here's the code:
      <?php $articleTemplates = [ 'template_news_article', 'template_news_video', 'template_news_press_release' ]; $searchParams = [ 'template=' . implode('|', $articleTemplates), 'sort=-published', 'limit=' . $pages->get('template=template_news')->list_count ]; $articles = $pages->find(implode(',', $searchParams)); echo $articles->renderPager(); ?>  
    • By louisstephens
      I am wondering, how do you pass a variable into wire('page')->get() inside a function? I have been looking through the forums, but unfortunately I have not found the answer yet.
      My current set up is:
      function generateNewPages($parentPageName) { $p = new Page(); $p->template = "parent"; $p->parent = wire('pages')->get('/home/'); $p->name = $parentPageName; $p->title = $parentPageName; $p->of(false); $p->save(); $p2 = new Page(); $p2->template = "child"; $p2->parent = wire('pages')->get('$parentPageName'); $p2->name = "child"; $p2->title = "Child Page"; $p2->of(false); $p2->save(); } When I try to run it by passing in a title like generateNewPages('Demo');, "Demo" is created, but when it gets to the child page I get:
      Unknown Selector operator: '$' -- was your selector value properly escaped?
      Is there a way to pass the $parentPageName to "wire('pages')->get('$parentPageName')" ?
    • By swampmusic
      Trying to figure out work flow for translators on a new website and have hit a brick wall.
      Site was launched in Spanish, now the translators want to add in other languages.
      I presumed that when you tick the "active" language checkbox on settings for the home page, then the new language would not appear on the public facing website, but translators would be able to work with the pages in the admin and view their work.
      Finally, once all translation had been completed, we could activate the language from the home page.
      I have searched thru the forums and found older articles from 2015 here.
      https://processwire.com/talk/topic/11100-disable-a-language-on-a-multilanguage-site/ https://processwire.com/talk/topic/10467-allow-translators-to-work-on-hidden-language/ This seems a really messy hack, or did i miss something ?
      Does anyone know if there has been an update within Processwire since 2015  to make this better/easier, or other articles explaining how to achieve it ?
      We were looking for a solution that the client can use from within Admin. Not via .htaccess or similar that would require tech skills.
      Many thanks for reading 🙂

• By Sanyaissues
      Update: The render behavior of the profile is correct. My mistake was to use TextLanguage in the fields  when i just need the user to see labels according of his language (that can be achieved with the text field type).
      Hi,
      I'm using LoginRegister to allow users to edit their users profiles in the front-end, and some of the user fields are type TextLanguage (to allow multiple languages).
      The problem is that when I render the Profile Edit, the inputfields shows in all the installed languages. That doesn't happen when I render the login or register forms.
      How can i prevent that the TextLanguage inputfields render in both languages?
      My code
      <?php $user->language = $languages->get("default"); $input->get->profile = 1; $profileForm = $modules->get('LoginRegister')->set('renderStyles', false)->execute(); ?> and later... <?= $profileForm ?> The output for an multilanguage inputfield:
      <div class="InputfieldContent "> <div class="LanguageSupport" id="langTab_Inputfield_profile_firstname" data-language="1029"> <label for="Inputfield_profile_firstname" class="LanguageSupportLabel detail">English</label> <input id="Inputfield_profile_firstname" class="InputfieldMaxWidth" name="profile_firstname" type="text" maxlength="2048"> </div> <div class="LanguageSupport" id="langTab_Inputfield_profile_firstname__1031" data-language="1031"> <label for="Inputfield_profile_firstname__1031" class="LanguageSupportLabel detail">Spanish</label> <input id="Inputfield_profile_firstname__1031" class="InputfieldMaxWidth" name="profile_firstname__1031" type="text" maxlength="2048"> </div> </div>