Absolute file paths in inserted CKEditor links

euphoricrun

I have puzzled over this too, but I think the confusion comes from a non-standard use of the word "absolute" in relation to the URL.

So ProcessPageEditLink never inserts an absolute URL in that it never includes the protocol or domain. But I think the absolute option means absolute relative to the site root. So the link URL starts with '/' as opposed to the two relative options which can give a link URL like '../some-page/'.

The current behaviour is a good thing, because otherwise all links would break when the root domain changes (e.g. going from dev to live environment). But it would help if the meaning of the absolute option was clarified.

• Like 5

Thanks guys.

I've looked into ProcessPageEditLink before as well but as Robin S says I think it's absolute to the root, not including domain URL.

I also agree that generally it's better practice to keep it this way but in my specific case my the backend, which is setup as an API, is on a different URL than the front end.

Have not tested it yet, but for anyone else looking into this issue, there's another thread covering it with possible solution: 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...