Repeaters bug after upgrading to PW 3

Hi everyone!
this is my first topic and I need to say thanks to @ryan and all the other contributors for this incredible framework that changed my life as a web dev!

But now I go to the point. I developed a project with pw 2.7 and it worked like a charm.

Today i'm trying to update the project to pw3 on a local environment, to test that everything will continue working after the upgrade, and that's not the case.

The major bug I'm encountering is that repeater field doesn't work properly.

Existing Repeater field
This is what I see when I try to edit a page that already has a repeater field (Brand concepts) with some elements:

If I click on one of the "... blocks" nothing appens.

New repeater field
If I create a new repeater field and assing it to a template, when I open a page with that template I see the new repeater field, but the "Add new" link, to add a new element, doesn't work. I click it and nothing appens.

I never had this kind of strange behaviours in PW, and this is one of the reasons why I consider it the best cms/framework I've ever used.

I hope you can help me.
Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By verdeandrea
      Hi guys,
      I'm getting crazy trying to figure out what is the cause behind a weird problem is giving me some bad moments with my client.
      I have a repeater field, with some fields as childre. From one day to the other the children fields of the repeater change and i find other fields as children. Also, all the content my client inserted in that repeaters are gone, cause now we have the new empty children fields. I really don't understand what can be the reasons behind this.
      This happened more than once.
      It' s like there is a repeating action that changes the repeater's children. The only repeating action I can think of is the chronjob for the database. Could this depend on that? Have you any idea or suggestion of what should i check or ho to solve this weird problem?
      Thank you very much!
    • By ridgedale
      Reference: PW 3.0.62 and uikit3 based site using the Regular-Master profile.
      The issue is that blog posts for the particular site in question are automatically formatted as /blog/<blog-post-title>. It is evident the path format should have been configured as /blog/<year>/<month>/<blog-post-title>.
      Please could someone advise whether or not it is possible to change the path format for the blog posts of an existing active site that uses the regular profile?
      Any assitance would be greatly appreciated.
    • By noelboss
      Short description of the issue
      Since PW 3.0.88: When I try to retrive a croped file using the api filesManager() and it's basename, I get the original version instead of the croped variation.
      Expected behaviour
      Looking up a variation using the path and filesManager should return the variation file.
       $page->filesManager->getFile("/path/to/filebasename.400x400.jpg"); // $file->basename > filebasename.400x400.jpg Actual behavior
      The variation is returned.
       $page->filesManager->getFile("/path/to/filebasename.400x400.jpg"); // $file->basename > filebasename.jpg  
      » Is this a bug or do I miss something here?
      dump($page->filesManager->path.$input->get->filename('f')); $file = $page->filesManager->getFile($page->filesManager->path.$input->get->filename('f')); dump($file); dump($page->filesManager->path.$file->basename); Output:
      "/home/ubuntu/workspace/www/site/assets/files/-1579/colin-rex-434063.400x400.jpg" (79) ProcessWire\Pageimage #796f pageimages protected => ProcessWire\Pageimages #d195 original protected => ProcessWire\Pageimage #796f { RECURSION } variations private => null imageInfo private => array (2) width => 0 height => 0 error protected => "" pagefiles protected => ProcessWire\Pageimages #d195 data protected => array (6) basename => "colin-rex-434063.jpg" (20) description => "" tags => "" formatted => true modified => 1516025386 created => 1516025386 useFuel protected => true _instanceNum private => 870 localHooks protected => array () trackChanges private => 2 changes private => array (1) formatted => array (1) 0 => null _notices protected => array (3) errors => null warnings => null messages => null _wire protected => ProcessWire\ProcessWire #28d0 in .../www/site/templates/app/utils/download.php:29
      "/home/ubuntu/workspace/www/site/assets/files/-1579/colin-rex-434063.jpg" (71)
    • By benbyf
      Been updating fields on a live site from my dev site to get them in synch and I noticed repeater pages visible in my pagetree on teh live site. What might I have done to have this happen? The repeater module was enabled on both sites.

• By Cloud8888
      Greetings from germany,

i develop a shop for a customer and wanted to give them the opportunity to find products without any images so they could easily fill this empty sites.
      The problem is, that this images are placed inside a repeater.
      So the structure for the repeater field is:
      bild (where 1 image can be placed)
      bildrecht (another repeater for placing the copyright  text)

But here comes my problem.
      I designed a selector that should show me all sites where the repeater count is 0.
      Like :
      But it also shows me results, where the repeater count is still 1 or even greater.
      If i save one of these bad results, the selector works fine.

Is there a way around it ?
      I use pw 3.0.76.