CarloC

Repeaters bug after upgrading to PW 3

CarloC    1

Hi everyone!
this is my first topic and I need to say thanks to @ryan and all the other contributors for this incredible framework that changed my life as a web dev!

But now I go to the point. I developed a project with pw 2.7 and it worked like a charm.

Today i'm trying to update the project to pw3 on a local environment, to test that everything will continue working after the upgrade, and that's not the case.

The major bug I'm encountering is that repeater field doesn't work properly.

Existing Repeater field
This is what I see when I try to edit a page that already has a repeater field (Brand concepts) with some elements:

repeater_bug.thumb.jpg.4f339b7ab1d7107297ebff536923b38c.jpg

If I click on one of the "... blocks" nothing appens.

New repeater field
If I create a new repeater field and assing it to a template, when I open a page with that template I see the new repeater field, but the "Add new" link, to add a new element, doesn't work. I click it and nothing appens.

I never had this kind of strange behaviours in PW, and this is one of the reasons why I consider it the best cms/framework I've ever used.

I hope you can help me.
Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By quickjeff
      Hi Guys, 
      I have been using Processwire for years now and have mastered enough to create some amazing sites and applications. 
      However, recently I have been thrown a bit of a curveball and hoping some more veteran members can chime in. 
      I recently ran into a weird issue. I had imported about 100+ wordpress pages into a new Processwire site using namespaces. 
      I imported them under a parent page called /landing-pages/.
      However, I needed to move 20+ of these imported pages to a new parent page called /customers/.
      Since I was moving so many, I figured batcher was a solid module to run this task.
      Here are the steps I took:
      Located all the pages I needed using batcher Changed the pages templates Located the pages again after changing their template Made the pages hidden and then located them again using batcher Changed parent page from /landing-pages/ to /customers/ The issue that occurred is that not only did I change the parent page for these pages but apparently the pages also existed under /admin/repeaters/for-field-whatever which now changed to the new parent of /customers/.  
      for-page-1625 admin /admin/repeaters/for-field-108/ So I reverted this by using batcher again, here are the steps I took:
      Located all the pages that were not supposed to be moved  Changed the pages parent back to /admin/repeaters/ The issue is, after this was done, every time I clicked the new page under /customers/whatever-page I would get a 404. 
      To correct this I had to delete all the pages under /admin/repeaters/ and /admin/repeaters/for-field-whatever and then go back and delete the pages under /Customers/ and create them all from scratch. 
       My questions are: 
      Why did Processwire create pages under /admin/repeaters  for the imported pages? The steps I took to correct this issue, is this okay to keep building the site or am I better off starting fresh again?  
    • By darrenc
      What I did
      edit the default 'body' field (textarea, ckeditor) field > body > input: "enable ACF" checked "yes" by default field > body > input: "extra allowed content" ... The instructions indicate "Example: img[alt,!src,width,height]" in order to enable a tag with attributes you want to allow through the filtering.
      a[class] I wrote the above expecting that now i would be able to class my a tags in the editor, maybe make one a "button" style or whatever. However, this doesn't actually work as it seems Extra Allowed Content doesn't actually do what it indicates.
      I've tried a dozen different variations and after googling here and seeing some responses in other threads, I think this should be addressed. The box is a nice way to enable a few attributes the user might want to allow for clients or themselves, I don't see why one would require making a module or going above and beyond the tools and text areas already provided in order to simply allow a few attributes.  I could turn ACF Off entirely, but that doesn't really address the problem: I want to filter the input for clients but still configure some tweaks that I deem would enhance and not break the site.
      Simply: it's there, it's nice to have, should work right, but it doesn't seem to. Help?

• By Sipho
      I am trying to create a sort of database system using ProcessWire. I don't want all the data to show up as pages on the website but instead pull it into pages. Similar to the Skyscrapers demo except in that one the data shows up as pages. The data I wish to store is information about types of moths. So family, sub-family, genus and species. Each of these has information associated with it. For example, species has name, images and distribution. This is another example of information about the species. Initially, I attempted to do this using nested repeaters. This appears to work but I feel there is a better and more elegant way. Additionally, this page says: 
      So I then tried using pages with children, but this also didn't work well. I had to make every single page unpublished as I don't want them showing up in menus and other places. This means they all have strikethroughs in the admin tree which is very annoying.
      Is there a better way of handling this kind of data in ProcessWire or is this maybe not a suitable project for ProcessWire? I apologise if this is a silly question, but I could not find anything on this matter and am still new to ProcessWire.
    • By CarloC
      Hi everyone,
      I've upgraded one of my pw 2.7 websites to the 2.8 legacy version and I'm encountering some problems.
      As you can see in the image I don't see uploaded images thumbnails anymore, and the repeater fields previously added are no more usable.

Why I'm having this strange behaviour simply after an upgrade from processwire 2.7 to 2.8?
      Hope you can help me, I'd like to use the 2.8 version features like the front-end inline editing, but it seems like I'll be locked in the 2.7 version forever
      Thank you!

• By ridgedale
      I'm using Processwire 3.0.61 with the site-regular profile and am in the process of browser/device testing for the template I'm working on.
      I've managed to get a consistent displaying of the site across Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari (both Windows and Mac checked but not Linux, yet) and Android (portrait orientation on SIII Mini).
      When I initially switch to landscape orientation on the SIII Mini the layout is consistently retained. I'm assuming that is because the device initially zooms the page rather than redraws the screen. However, as soon as I click on the menu icon the screen is redrawn in such a manner that the body of the template is offset by what looks like +10px or so (right and down) pushing the whole of the content off the screen to the right as well as down. Interestingly the shadow on the banner background image (set to fill width of screen using the cover attribute) remains in place where it should be. But there is also the wierd artifact that any horizontal rules appear twice (once where they should be and once offset again by what looks like the same amount as mentioned above).
      Nothing I've tried in terms of CSS3 has any effect so far. I'm wondering if anyone else has come across this issue. If so, could it be related to the UiKit3 css/js code?
      Any help would be appreciated.