Handle form in module without autoload

Hi all,

I need a page for users to post questions to moderators. I'm reusing the Discussions module and the Comment module for the replies (I didn't like the idea of having hundred of pages for replies so I modified it). To handle the form, the Discussions module to autoload in every pages and I think it could pose performance issue. So my question is: Is there anyway for a module to handle a submitted form without setting autoload = true? i.e. processwire loads the module on-demand.

I don't think that you will get measurable performance diferences if one single module is autoloaded or not. You need to do early checks and returns, if it is (not) responsible for a request, so.

If you want start it on demand, you can send the forms to a single page that is responsible for its processing. In the template you can invoke it on demand. But I think it isn't worth it.

I don't think that you will get measurable performance diferences if one single module is autoloaded or not. You need to do early checks and returns, if it is (not) responsible for a request, so.

Thanks for the answer.

if (count($this->input->post) <= 0) return false;

// Process new post
$this->processInput();

Another thing regarding form handling in autoload module is: I cannot add before hook to the ready function of the module (I added tripple underscore ___) as well as the form handling function it calls.This is because I want to separate template and module logic and not modifying directly to the code of the module.