Max, Cafe, Bar,

diogo

Hi guys! here is my first published site made with ProcessWire: http://max-cafe-bar.de

The design is not mine but Erika's, I only adapted it to the screen and made all the changes needed for being responsive to screen sizes.

I'm aware that it is extremely slow... the server is where they had the old site hosted, and since the PW back office is also acting very slow, I'm assuming It has something to do with them. Anyone from Germany has any experience with strato.de?

• Like 2

Beautiful site Diogo!

If the PW admin is also slow, then that means it's not likely any issue with your template code or anything like that. (Unless you've got some hefty autoloading modules, which would run on both the front-and-back end, but I'm guessing this is not the case).

I would look at the web host. I'm guessing their MySQL server or web server is either overloaded or underpowered. If this is a budget hosting account, there may be some intentional bottlenecks in there to keep things throttled.

Thanks for the nice comments!

Yep, I think Erika did a great job with the design. We are working on her portfolio website, also with PW, so I will post it here for sure ;)

I was a bit worried with the font. It's not very legible, and it's only caps. But it's the font of all the communication from this place, so we decided to go with it. Could be bigger, of course, but would force me to make the content column bigger than 500

Yep. I think that the readability is not that big issue though on that site. Reading menu items is not hard work - different thing if you implement a blog there using the same font :)

The font goes very nicely with other elements on the site.

I coded everything by hand, and the breaking points are based on the design and not on predefined screen sizes.

Nice to see someone from Portugal in the forums :)

When and if you have time, i would like you to take a look on my Portuguese translation from Processwire and tell me if you would change anything.

I do use skype, I will get in touch with you later, ok?

The multi-language support in PW is still in beta. You can find everything about it on this thread: http://processwire.com/talk/topic/545-progress-on-processwire-22-and-overview-of-multi-language-support, My pt-pt version is here: http://processwire.com/talk/topic/545-progress-on-processwire-22-and-overview-of-multi-language-support/page__view__findpost__p__5930

• 1 month later...

Wow, this is ultra-classy. The layout is unconventional enough I thought it would be hard to navigate, but it wasn't!

Also, the drinks section reminds me I never got around to trying Tannenzäpfle when I was in Germany a couple years ago, despite the recommendations. Still haven't found it in the states.

• 11 months later...

Sorry to dig out this post again, but I want to ask a question regarding diogos problems with the slow strato server. I‘m struggling right now with a client‘s server from strato - frontend and backend are REALLY slow... 

Just would like to know how diogo and/or others handled this problem. Switching the whole site to a different ISP? Or upgrading the strato account?

Thankful for every feedback!

Hi diogo! Just to let you and others know: Strato offers a "SpeedPlus" package, which is free for existing customers - and makes backend and frontend faster. Not the best speed overall, but it is not annoying any longer...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Several clients of mine had performance problems with Strato. It was never a problem with the installation, because it solved when they changed the provider. The speed upgrade helped a bit.

The coffee bar site is fantastic. Great design, great functionality. Saw it already on the de. site.

@diogo: LOL! Couldn't believe my eyes... this bar is about 500m from my home ;-) Saw the site by accident some months ago and thought: Cool, a nice website for a café I know, that doesn't happen that often ;) Nice work! (And yes, forget Strato, it is a desaster).

• Like 1