Repeatable Fields

ryan

You guys are right about that. Looks like I removed a check_access=0 from the selector to make sure it was working and neglected to add it back. Sorry about that. It is fixed in the latest commit.

Mayday!! Some floats need to be cleared here!

hm... how do I attach an image here??

oh, apparently I'm also not allowed to embed and image without extension... Pete, help!

...i will just link to it: https://lh4.googleus...JdizWZlDsybcyIw Updated link: https://docs.google....tTWZ3SUN6TmNBQQ

EDIT: Now I see the attach files option on the reply full editor... I swear it wasn't there when I wanted to attach the above image!

when

The field-template context is now committed to the source, so it is ready to use. Please let me know how it works for you guys. You can access it from any template or repeater field by clicking on a field name in the asmSelect list. When you first add a new field to an existing asmSelect, the context option isn't yet available. You have to save the template before you'll see the option to alter its context.

When editing a field (from Setup > Fields), you will also see a context pulldown in the upper right corner. This is just a shortcut when/if you want it.

--

Edit: you may need to hit 'reload' in your browser once or twice if you aren't seeing the field context option at first (old files may be stuck in cache).

Doesn't this deserve a new thread? Shame it's hidden somewhere here in the repeater thread, some might miss this easily.

BTW. found an issue with repeater field label specified doesn't get saved on first step after saving.

when

what?

Doesn't this deserve a new thread? Shame it's hidden somewhere here in the repeater thread, some might miss this easily.

Maybe so, I'll try to split it.

BTW. found an issue with repeater field label specified doesn't get saved on first step after saving.

I tried creating a new field using the Repeater type, but the label wasn't lost. But I had experienced the issue you describe once before (and fixed it), though not specific to a repeater field. Let me know if you can think of any other details on how to reproduce it.

So, this is live in stable version?

Yep

Ryan, I remember we had this issue already once. Well I don't have much installed ,stayontabs, thumbnails, datatable. And I have just recently installed latest PW 2 days ago. Can't get it to work.

Edit:

Repeaters doesn't get copied when using page clone.

When I create page with repeaters and add 1-2 elements and clone that page with children, the repeater elements created doesn't get cloned, AND worse the original page loses it's repeater elements too.

Awesome field, i waited months to have something like that, and the result is over my imagination.

I found a bug...if you use a date field inside a repeater with the option to automatically fill with today date, this will create empty data inside repeater and if i try to delete them, they increase....removing that option on the date field it works good with no problems.

mmm, i have some problem using this field via api..

<?

$c=$pages->get("name=$camp");

$c->setOutputFormatting(false);

$repeater = $fields->get('stats');

$item = $repeater->type->getBlankRepeaterPage($c, $repeater);

$item->day = strtotime(date("d-m-Y"));
$item->counter = 1;
$item->iplist = $userip."|";

$c->stats->add($item);
$c->save();
?>

What i have is a strange behavior in admin. The field looks empty and if I click on "add item" it shows me the fields filled with the data i saved via api, but accessing the field via api it is empty...

this will create empty data inside repeater and if i try to delete them, they increase....removing that option on the date field it works good with no problems.

Thanks for the report Sevarf2. Just to make sure I understand, what do you mean by: they increase? Maybe that question will answer itself when I try tomorrow. :)

What i have is a strange behavior in admin. The field looks empty and if I click on "add item" it shows me the fields filled with the data i saved via api, but accessing the field via api it is empty...

Taking a look in the code, the getBlankRepeaterPage returns a page that is in unpublished/hidden status. It uses that combination for what it calls 'ready' pages. In order to make it one that's published for use as a live repeater, those statuses have to be removed. Try adding this before your $c->save() and let me know if that fixes it?

$item->removeStatus(Page::statusUnpublished);
$item->removeStatus(Page::statusHidden);

I didn't think people were already using it at this API level yet. :) I need to get to work on simplifying the API for this fieldtype.

Thanks Sevarf2, I'll take a look at this and find a fix. Just to confirm, you only experience this effect when using a date field that's set to populate today's date?

Sevarf2, I tried to duplicate this over the weekend, but so far not having luck. My repeater had an datetime field that auto-populated the current date and also had a datepicker on it. I tried saving them, deleting them, etc. I tried this with both setting the "ready pages" number and 0, 1 and 3. I'm wondering if there might be any other factors -- Are there any other fields in your repeater? Are you using the default admin theme or another? And any other modules installed?

Thanks,

Ryan

mmm..I had other 3 fields, one text field , one integer field and one textarea field...no more. I can add that my date field had the european input and output setting (d-m-Y) but i don't think can be this the reason..i will check if i can found more information about that...