Update your module immediately

adrian

Just a reminder to all the module devs out there.

If you commit an update to your module to GitHub, you don't have to wait the normal day or so for it to be updated in the modules directory, Modules Manager, Check for Updates link, and the in new Upgrades Module.

You can simply edit the module in the modules directory and save it again. That should update the version from Github. If you are using the info.json approach then just manually edit the version number.

Often this is not that important but if you discover a critical bug and want to make sure people can get the new version easily and immediately, this is a good idea!

• Like 6

Me too.

What I thought this thread would be about updateing the module pages for 2.5 compatibility info (which is more important). I did mine some time ago. 

I've always been using it too - I have just seen several comments throughout the forum saying things like "while the module directory updates, please grab the latest version from Github", so I thought I'd mention it for those that don't know.

Agreed - we need to go through and tag our modules with 2.5 where appropriate. Lots of other things need doing with the modules directory too like making it more obvious what the version compatibility is from the summary page, rather than having to view the details page. But these things have been discussed elsewhere.