Separate "page-publish" authorization

Lars282

Hey,

On a new page I would like to have a separate edit and publish permission, i.e. some users can add pages, but not publish, and some other users will then have to publish the new pages.

Is this easily possible?

Many Thanks

Lars

But by looking at this, I would not have found out that page-publish is a role that I can just create and that it works as required.

What logic does it follow? Are there other page-xxx permissions that I can simply create and use?

I think that is the only extra one that is built in, but not installed by default.

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/3719-other-permissions-like-page-publish/?p=36446

One thing to note about it is that once it is installed, users won't be able to edit an existing published pages unless they also have page-publish permission.

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/4094-publishunpublish-a-page-setting-required-to-edit-published-pages/

I would need users to be able to edit both published and unpublished pages, but not to publish them.

Adrian, I saw you mentioned you had an idea but didn't need it back then - have you implemented something like this in the meantime?

Sorry, I haven't had a need for it yet, but i do think it is an important improvement for PW and I know I'll want to sort something out for a long term project I am working on, but it might not be for a couple of months still.

I would need users to be able to edit both published and unpublished pages, but not to publish them.

I think the problem in the current verion of processwire is, that published pages go live as soon as they are edited. If you really need to have a evaluation instance, which publishes changes, I think you'll also need a versioning system, where a draft and the current online version would be saved.