Sign in to follow this  
suntrop

Get page URL without host

On my site I am using the code from this post

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/5082-default-language-per-domain-language-switcher-not-working/

All homepages look fine and return the corresponding translation. But all links are still pointing to the default host not the one I am currently visiting.

Is there any way I can strip out the host or let PW know to use the host the user is on?

My fault :-[

I copied the code from a modx template with a meta base name (pointing to the default domain) in the head.

Sorry for the post :-)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By EyeDentify
      Hello Fellow PW fans.

Tought i share a simple but usefull way of utilizing the $log system in PW to do simple loging on what IP visit the site and also the HOST.

Its not fancy, and its very basic, see it as a boiler plate. You can get all kinds of fancy with it.

Remember that the $log system automaticly records the URL from where it was called so we don´t need to supply that to our Entry.

I just wanted a simple entry with IP and HOST, the date is also recorded with the entry automaticly.

The beauty is that i can watch the logs from the ADMIN page almost in realtime.

I am using the "markup regions" output method so i put the code in my _main.php file.
      You could just put it wherever like to be included with every page load in your site.

I hardcoded my logfile to be named ip_log_site but you can use what you feel is better.
      Also made sure the loging do not happen if your logged in as admin (Super user).
      See this PW Doc for more info:
      https://processwire.com/api/ref/wire-log/save/

<?PHP function logIP($session, $log) { /* get IP info */ $ip_adress = $session->getIP(); $host_address = gethostbyaddr($ip_adress); /* log IP adress info NOTE: 'ip_log_site' is a hardcoded name of the logfile, change for your preference. */ $log->save("ip_log_site", "IP: {$ip_adress}, Host: {$host_address}"); } /* if Super User (Admin) do not log */ if(!$user->isSuperuser()) { logIP($session, $log); } ?> Hope anyone have use for it.

/EyeDentify
    • By Robin S
      File Info
      A textformatter module for ProcessWire. The module can add information to local Pagefile links in two ways:
      As extra markup before, within or after the link As data attributes on the link (handy if you want to use a Javascript tooltip library, for instance) Screenshots
      Module config

Example of output

Installation
      Install the File Info module.
      Add the textformatter to one or more CKEditor fields.
      Configuration
      Add markup action (and general)
      Select "Add markup to links" Select the Pagefile attributes that will be retrieved. The attribute "filesizeStrCustom" is similar to the core "filesizeStr" attribute but allows for setting a custom number of decimal places. If you select the "modified" or "created" attributes then you can define a date format for the value. Enter a class string to add to the links if needed. Define the markup that will be added to the links. Surround Pagefile attribute names in {brackets}. Attributes must be selected in the "Pagefile attributes" section in order to be available in the added markup. If you want include a space character at the start or end of the markup then you'll need >= PW 3.0.128. Select where the markup should be added: prepended or appended within the link, before the link, or after the link. Add data attributes action
      Select "Add data attributes to links" Select the Pagefile attributes that will be retrieved. These attributes will be added to the file links as data attributes. Attributes with camelcase names will be converted to data attribute names that are all lowercase, i.e. filesizeStrCustom becomes data-filesizestrcustom. Hook
      If you want to customise or add to the attributes that are retrieved from the Pagefile you can hook TextformatterFileInfo::getFileAttributes(). For example:
      $wire->addHookAfter('TextformatterFileInfo::getFileAttributes', function(HookEvent $event) { $pagefile = $event->arguments(0); $page = $event->arguments(1); $field = $event->arguments(2); $attributes = $event->return; // Add a new attribute $attributes['sizeNote'] = $pagefile->filesize > 10000000 ? 'This file is pretty big' : 'This file is not so big'; $event->return = $attributes; });  
      https://github.com/Toutouwai/TextformatterFileInfo
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/textformatter-file-info/
    • By Robin S
      I got tired of having to open the link dialog in CKEditor in order to check where a link is pointing to, so made this simple plugin.
      Link Hover
      A plugin for CKEditor. Shows the href attribute of a link in a tooltip when the link is hovered. This saves you from having to open the link dialog in order to check where a link points to.

Installation
      This readme assumes installation in ProcessWire CMS.
      The plugin folder must be named "linkhover" – if necessary, rename the folder to remove the "-master" suffix added by GitHub. Copy the "linkhover" folder to /site/modules/InputfieldCKEditor/plugins/
      In the field settings for each CKEditor field that you want to activate the plugin for, check the "linkhover" checkbox at Input > Plugins > Extra Plugins

https://github.com/Toutouwai/linkhover
    • By vmo
      Hi,
      this has resolved.
      Thank you
    • By Robin S
      If you've ever needed to insert links to a large number of files within CKEditor you may have found that the standard PW link modal is a somewhat slow way to do it.
      This module provides a quicker way to insert links to files on the page being edited. You can insert a link to an individual file, or insert an unordered list of links to all files on the page with a single click.
      CKEditor Link Files
      Adds a menu to CKEditor to allow the quick insertion of links to files on the page being edited.

Features
      Hover a menu item to see the "Description" of the corresponding file (if present). Click a menu item to insert a link to the corresponding file at the current cursor position. The filename is used as the link text. If you Alt-click a menu item the file description is used as the link text (with fallback to filename if no description entered). If text is currently selected in the editor then the selected text is used as the link text. Click "* Insert links to all files *" to insert an unordered list of links to all files on the page. Also works with the Alt-click option. Menu is built via AJAX so newly uploaded files are included in the menu without the page needing to be saved. However, descriptions are not available for newly uploaded files until the page is saved. Installation
      Install the CKEditor Link Files module.
      For any CKEditor field where you want the "Insert link to file" dropdown menu to appear in the CKEditor toolbar, visit the field settings and add "LinkFilesMenu" to the "CKEditor Toolbar" settings field.

http://modules.processwire.com/modules/cke-link-files/
      https://github.com/Toutouwai/CkeLinkFiles