Last and first selectors (in repeaters) ?

Pierre-Luc

The repeater is basically a PageArray. So you can use the normal Page/WireArray methods.

$myRepeater->first();

$myRepeater->last();

Look at the Cheatsheet under Page/WireArray. Hope this helps.

Sorry read it to fast.

But it's a PageArray and regarding to the documentation this might work:

$myRepeater->last()->find("myRepeater.fieldname != '' ").

Hopefully someone else can help.

Don't understand the question exactly, but here are some nice docs: http://processwire.com/api/fieldtypes/repeaters/

Also repeater pages have a special template called "repeater_yourField". So theoretically you could also get repeater pages the following way:

// Get last item sorted by created DESC
$item = $pages->find("template=repeater_yourField,sort=-created,limit=1"); 

// Get first item sorted by created with an additional condition 
$item = $pages->find("template=repeater_yourField,sort=created,field|field2%=blub,limit=1"); 
  • Like 3

• 3 years later...
3 hours ago, Can said:

would love that too, could use it on a table field to know while searching if the first/last entry matches

It requires a couple of steps, but so long as your pages selector doesn't return a huge number of results this should be fairly low impact:

$value = 'Foo';
$all_matches = $pages->find("my_table.my_field=$value");
$first_row_matches = $pages->newPageArray();
foreach($all_matches as $match) {
    if($match->my_table->first()->my_field == $value) $first_row_matches->add($match);
}

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By prestoav
      Hi all,
      I could have sworn I used to be able to use the site generic 'title' field as a sub field of a repeater field. However I've tried to do this on two 3.0.165 sites recently and, while it will add the title field in the repeater field setup, it wont save the repeater title sub field's content when the repeater is used in a page template and edited.
      It;'s not a big issue but I wondered if this was a known restriction?
    • By fruid
      I'm having and always have a hard time building PaginatedArrays, I never know where to put the "limit=24" selector so please enlighten me.
      Here's what I'm doing…
      $categories = $page->protable('start=0, limit=999999'); // this I need in order to retrieve the pages's "categories" and I don't know how to make use of $rows instead for that purpose because of this confusing limit-API $rows = $page->protable; // put ("limit=20") here? $custom = buildSelector($input, $rows); // this function returns an array of selectors depending on the user input $items = new PaginatedArray; // or here? // or here? $items->find("limit=20") // or like this? $items("limit=20") // or like this? $items = $items("limit=20") // or like this? $items = $items->find("limit=20") foreach ($rows as $r) : if ($custom->get('selector')->matches($r)) : $items->add($r); endif; endforeach; // or at this point? and then
      if ($items) { // or maybe somewhere here?     echo '<span class="grey">'.$items->getPaginationString(array(     'label' => 'entries',     'zeroLabel' => '0 entries', // 3.0.127+ only     'usePageNum' => false,     'count' => count($items),     'start' => $items->getStart(),     'limit' => count($items),     'total' => $items->getTotal()     )); and then of course…
      $pager = $modules->get("MarkupPagerNav"); echo '<div class="uk-flex uk-flex-center">'.$pager->render($items, $options).'</div>'; I'm out of ideas and confused cause it doesn't make sense to me either way.
      ____
      The buildSelector function above returns and array…
      $selected = new Selectors("$letter, $searchterm, $category"); $custom = new Wirearray; $custom->set('selector', $selected); $built->set('sort', $sort); return $custom; and each of the new selectors are basically strings ("category=whatever")
      Also, you cannot put the "sort=title" or whatever as a selector for the Selectors function (see above). Why, I know not.
      I don't know if that is the proper way but selecting kind of works now as opposed to many other ways I tried. Selectors always require a lot of trial and error, it seems to have a very sensitive API, always depends on double quotes, single quotes and how you concatenate.
      Thanks for help!
    • By SwimToWin
      I want to add a dependent SELECT field on my template page that lists pages from a parent "sub-page" in the current parent node.
      On /product1/page I have the field "photo" which is a SELECT field.
      I want the SELECT to list pages from /ROOTPARENT/photos.
      The idea is that I can reuse the same photo in many places - but only need to keep it update it once under /product1/photos.
      My page structure looks like so:
      /product1/page /product1/photos/photo3 (template=photos) /product2/photos/photo9 I have tried adding these Selector Strings on the Field (Setup -> Fields -> PHOTO -> Input tab -> Selectable Pages field group -> Selector String):
      parent=/product1/page, template=photos, sort=name WORKS (but only on children of current product). parent=page.rootParent ... parent=$page.rootParent ... parent=$page.rootParent parent=$parent ... parent=$parent1 When using a SELECT Input Field Type, the editing pages gives the fatal error "Unrecognized operator: $". parent=parent ... parent=. Returns an empty list How might I find child pages from the current "/product1/photos/ page"?
      Your inputs are appreciated. Thanks.
    • By celfred
      Hello,
      I've just upgraded to 3.0.165 (and updated my Ubuntu version as well) and on my localhost, I am facing a weird issue : all my requests having the ~= selector cause a Mysql error with this message :

PDOException #HY000 SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 3685 Illegal argument to a regular expression. I have no idea what is going on. If I change my request from

$visualizer = $pages->get("name~=visualizer"); // Triggers the error
      to
      $visualizer = $pages->get("name=visualizer");
      or
      $visualizer = $pages->get("name~*=visualizer");
      My code works fine again.
      Any idea ? Shall I change all my requests (but from what I understand by reading the documentation, ~= exists and fits my needs : all words in any order [though I do understand that in my example above it may be useless since I have only one word])
      Thanks !
    • By michelangelo
      Hello guys,
      very simple question about repeaters from the Core Modules. I have used them before without issues. This one concerns a weird behaviour which I am not sure whether it's caused by me not using it correctly or a bug. The problem is that when I add content, save it, refresh the page and return to the page, I cannot unfold the repeater. I made a video so you can see the behaviour (below)
      I tried re-initiating the repeater field, but still doesn't work...

Looking forward to your advice!

Thanks!

repeater-problem.mp4