Page doesn't reload after edit / save

dragan

I have noticed a strange thing ever since upgrading to or installing 2.3.8.

Whenever I edit a page and press "save", the page doesn't reload. It just shows a blank screen with the current URL, e.g.

http://www.mydomain.com/pw/admin/page/edit/?id=1061

The edits ARE saved - that's not the problem. Just the blank screen.

I have to manually get back or hit reload / F5 in the browser. I've tried switching from Chrome to Firefox. I've also tried switching to the old admin theme - no luck. Clearing browser cache: same thing.

To clarify: This happens when editing / creating / saving pages, and e.g. using the batcher module. Editing fields and templates behaves normally.

Is this a known bug? I noticed this behaviour now in three sites, all running on 2.3.8.

Yes, absolutely. 

What I just noticed: After hitting "save", normally I get redirected to /page/edit/?id=1018&s=1

This doesn't happen anymore. it's always just /page/edit/?id=1018#

Why isn't the &s=1 not appended anymore? o_O

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know of any changes that would have affected the URL it goes to (s=1 for example). I don't think there have been any edits to ProcessPageEdit in the last couple of minor dev versions. The dev version is up to 2.3.9 if you want to give that a try, but so far the issue you are experiencing seems like a mystery. Is it only occurring for you in Firefox or other browsers too?

• 2 months later...

Well, I'm sorry to say, but the same JS error occurs again, albeit under a slightly different circumstance:

I've got a relatively big template (approx. 80 input fields) in a multilang site, divided in 5 field tab groups. Some of them (downloads sections - all file-input types) don't work now anymore, with the a.m. JS error.

Some more infos:

- When I create a new page with the "product" template (or copy an old one and edit it), I can't open some of those input fields. I set them to only collapse when not blank, but changing these settings to "always open" didn't remove the error / bug. These input fields stay closed no matter what (although the tab area color changes to light blue)

- I tried updating the jQuery core module from 1.8.2 to 1.9.1 - no luck.

- I guesses that a recently installed module could be the culprit - but it's not even active on those buggy input fields (Teppo's excellent "Version Control For Text Fields" module), so that's ruled out.

Any ideas? Somebody stumbled over similar issues?

(PW 2.4 stable, everything else working normally)