Reiterverein Heidenheim e.V. (rv-heidenheim.de)

Philipp

Today I just want to show a new page build with ProcessWire. It's nothing fancy but the client is more than happy.

http://www.rv-heidenheim.de (german content)

The local horse club had an old ugly Flashwebsite which we relaced with a fresh and modern PW site. The goal was to create an easy system to maintain content and to inform people about the club. 

Behind the scenes:

• Processwire with ProCache let the site run faster than any horse in the barn.
  • Using the PageLink Field to create a menu structur.
  • Skeletton 960px grid but right now we removed the mediaqueries. We will add the mobile view later.
  • The weater widget uses this jQuery plugin.
  • All widgets in the sidebar are pages and fully configurable by the backend user.
  • A year ago, this was my first Processwire page. But it was never released and we made a complete new second version last month.
  • First time I've used an icon font. Try fontello.com to build your own icon font.

The site was designed on a friday evening and only 24 hours later the whole site was done. Using PW it's just a charm to build such small sites and let people insert their content.

• Like 5

It really is great having such a powerful system that also allows for very rapid development of simple sites :)

I really want to thank you for pointing out fontello. I have used font awesome before, but this is an amazing looking tool that takes things to a new level of flexibility!

nice ride phillip. no problems here with the weather widget. the only thing i personally dislike are the read headlines together with the violet topstripe. but anyway, that's a matter of personal taste.

Thanks.

I know that sometimes the Yahoo API takes it time. Does it work now or does it work on the jQuery Plugin demo page?

@totoff: The violet and the red are the clubs colors. I agree with you, they are not great but using the red for large areas like the violet wouldn't have been a better choice.

simple and nice. I like it.

The yahoo weather bothers me a little bit... english condition text on a german site.

Maybe this 2 links (in german) are helpful to translate the condition text?

Don't know, how much work this is...

link 1 (read in the comments)

link 2

• Like 1