InstagramMediaDisplay

nbcommunication

Meta are disabling the Instagram Basic Display API on December 4th, 2024. After this point, the InstagramBasicDisplayApi module will no longer function.

Meta do provide an API that can be used to access Instagram media, Instagram API with Instagram Login. Using this API I've been able to refactor InstagramBasicDisplayApi as a new module called InstagramMediaDisplay: https://github.com/nbcommunication/InstagramMediaDisplay

The main caveat with using this module (and API) is that personal and/or private accounts cannot be used. If you try to generate an access token for a personal account, IG will prompt you to upgrade to a business account. As far as I'm aware this is still a free account, and the main limitation is that you cannot use licensed music in the same way you can on a personal account. I have access to various IG accounts, some personal, some business, and I've never noticed a difference.

This new module is built to supersede InstagramBasicDisplayApi and its implementation is practically identical. 

Upgrading should simply be a case of installing, configuring your new Meta app, authorising the same account(s), and updating the call to the previous module to call this one:

<?php
// $instagram = $modules->get('InstagramBasicDisplayApi'); 
$instagram = $modules->get('InstagramMediaDisplay');

Cheers,

Chris

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2