Repeater matrix with thumbnails?

Apologies if this is redundant, I'm convinced I've seen this discussed here but I just can't find it.

If my memory isn't failing me, I'm sure there's a way of replacing the text links for adding new entries with thumbnails on RepeaterMatrix. I'm using it to create a content blocks solution and want to have a better visual cue of what the block the admin is adding looks like.

Or maybe I'm losing my mind, which is quite possible.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, heldercervantes said:

Or maybe I'm losing my mind, which is quite possible.

You are not alone. You wouldn't believe how many times I looked this up or the custom icons and colors. ?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Stefanowitsch said:

@heldercervantes Managing Content Blocks Previews with The RockPageBuilder is actually quite nice and super easy:

Yeah it's clear now that I was confusing RockPageBuilder with RepeaterMatrix. I probably saw the conversation in its early stages and that's why I wasn't finding anything.

At some point I hacked the file selector module to a similar effect. The user experience was great, but it was a pain to set up using the standard repeater module (had to add all possible fields and then control visibility of each one depending on the chosen file). Eventually I started using RepeaterMatrix instead. I might have a look at Rock's module in a future project, as this one's too far ahead in development and it's hard to add the cost now.

Edited by heldercervantes
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2024 at 8:35 PM, monollonom said:

I was looking back at this and I'm wondering, was this feature removed? This post is from 2021, I bought ProFields a little over a year ago, and my copy doesn't have these options. I'm also not finding any info on the blog. @ryan?