Fruitcake, digital agency in Bern, Switzerland

poljpocket

Fruitcake has been using ProcessWire for a while now but I didn't get around to posting any of the around 30 sites we did so far. I will create sort of a megathread here adding any project we did (and want to talk about :D).

But let me start off with our own new website which launched earlier this year. Our new brand website had the goal to be modern and simple and uses a minimalistic approach. The centerpiece of the page of course is our portfolio which most of the effort went into. It uses a playful and seemingly random (it's not!) layout. The portfolio detail page uses a vertical slider which from a technical point of view was the most challenging part. As for modules we are using, we like to do most of the stuff ourselves so it really only boils down to the Repeater Matrix Fieldtype from @ryan's ProFields package and SEO is done using SeoMaestro by @Wanze.

Here you can have a look yourself: Die Kommunikationsagentur | fruitcake.ch

Here is a preview of the masthead:

image.thumb.png.362a19ed6e86bab65354f041c4e6d7d4.png

Let me know what you think ?

Edited by poljpocket
add module directory links
  • Like 10

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

You know how it is with your own websites... they get neglected in favor of everything that can make you money and thus, image optimization wasn't the most important thing to finish because we are only targeting the Swiss market anyway. In Switzerland, load times much better. Nevertheless, I did now finish the optimizations and enabled webp everywhere and so most images are <100k now. The videos remain untouched but will be done at some point.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, netcarver said:

@poljpocket Thanks for posting that. Looks good, but I'm experiencing extremely slow page loads on the "Meet the team" page. Some of the staff images have been loading for well over a minute. (Chrome or Firefox, both the same.)

Thanks for pointing that out. A lot of videos on that page which still need optimization. The staff images are actually also videos which should have poster images as placeholders. I just saw that my colleagues didn't put the poster images everywhere. We will have to improve that.

@poljpocket - I still think it would be worth optimizing the staff poster images - they all seem to be around 2.5MB which even on my fibre optic connection takes time and you can see them visibly loading.

23 hours ago, adrian said:

@poljpocket - I still think it would be worth optimizing the staff poster images - they all seem to be around 2.5MB which even on my fibre optic connection takes time and you can see them visibly loading.

Indeed there was no optimization yet. This is fixed! Thanks for the input!

• Like 1