ProcessWire Weekly - Milestone achieved: 500 issues!!!

BrendonKoz

If you haven't yet noticed it, @teppo has hit the 500th issue of PW Weekly! That is a ridiculously massive milestone and an amazing achievement, and after some quick maths, also tells me that he's held strong for almost 10 years now! I'm not sure what's more surprising, that he's managed to keep it going continuously for this long, or that I remember when he started it... That's a long darn time. I may not be a hugely active member of the community, but I'm darn proud to be a part of it regardless.

Thank you so much for your devotion to the PW Weekly project, @teppo!!!!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 7

4 hours ago, BrendonKoz said:

Thank you so much for your devotion to the PW Weekly project, @teppo!!!!

Hear, hear! I love the PW Weekly - a highlight of the week! Putting out such a well-written newsletter week after week for 10 years - what an incredible contribution to the community! Hats off to @teppo!

I like to read each new issue when it's hot off the press, which is normally on a Sunday (NZ time), but the official email from newsletter@processwire.com doesn't arrive until the following Saturday. A long while ago I asked Ryan why this is and there was a sensible reason that I've forgotten now, but I can't wait that long for my PW news 🤓. So my solution has been to set up an email alert for the RSS feed using Blogtrottr - that way I can dive into each issue when it's at maximum freshness 🎉

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

@Robin S

I like to read each new issue when it's hot off the press, which is normally on a Sunday (NZ time), but the official email from newsletter@processwire.com doesn't arrive until the following Saturday. 

ProcessWire Weekly (weekly.pw) is a great website and I don't want the email to take any of the limelight from Teppo's website. The content is 100% authored by and owned by @teppo, and he's very generous to let us re-publish it in the email. It seems appropriate to me to send the email a week later, ensuring the website remains the primary, most up-to-date source, and the email doesn't take any traffic from it. My hope is that the email increases traffic to the weekly.pw website. 

The other thing is that the introduction part sometimes refers to the weekend (since that's when it is published), and if I were to send it earlier, the earliest would be on a Monday. So it often reads better to send it on a Friday when any references to the weekend still make sense. 

• Like 6

On 12/13/2023 at 12:34 PM, Robin S said:

So my solution has been to set up an email alert for the RSS feed using Blogtrottr - that way I can dive into each issue when it's at maximum freshness 

Hah. I do the same for the processwire-dev branch using Zapier. Near instant notifications when commits are made. Living on the cutting edge. 

• Like 4

On 12/13/2023 at 9:34 PM, Robin S said:

A long while ago I asked Ryan why this is and there was a sensible reason that I've forgotten now

There's pretty much always a sensible reason when it comes from Ryan 🙂

• Like 2