Processwire website with shop connection

brandy

Hi!

I have a customer, who wants to sell three bookable products on his website.
We made the site some time ago in Processwire.

First I thought we should switch to a shopsystem like Prestashop. But it would be complicated to adapt the design to the shop and it would be a very large solution for only three products.
So we won´t touch the Processwire-page - my idea was an external checkout with booking - do somebody know something like this or has an idea where to get something like that?

Thanks a lot!

Another idea was to make a Prestashop-template with only the products, the booking module and the checkout.
The products on the Processwire-site are linked to this page, where you can set your booking.

https://snipcart.com/ can be a great option - it's as simple as it can get to setup a store (at least as long as you don't need any complicated tax/inventory/coupon/shipping/etc-stuff) and it integrates greatly with processwire, because snipcart is based all upon custom markup and that's where processwire shines.

A "buy" button can be as simple as that:

<button class="snipcart-add-item uk-button uk-button-primary"
    data-item-id="<?= $page->id ?>f"
    data-item-price="<?= $page->price ?>"
    data-item-url="<?= $page->url ?>"
    data-item-description="<?= $page->description ?>"
    data-item-image="<?= $page->image->url ?>"
    data-item-max-quantity="3"
    data-item-name="<?= $page->title ?>">
    <span uk-icon="cart"></span>
    Buy this product
  </button>

As you can see you can even define some basic cart logic via markup (eg max item quantity, that means the user can not add more than 3 items of this product to the cart).

• Like 2

Thanks a lot - I already checked the Snipcart-option.

As there should be only three bookable products, and maybe no onlinepayment is necessary (my customer´s still checking) ,  I also thought about a simple form, which sends the important customer-data and the ordering process is completed - everything else should happen "offline".

My only concern is the submission of credit card data or bank data - is this safe via FormBuilder?
The site uses SSL. Would it be better to send the ordering-mail via SMTP then?

On 4/7/2021 at 9:40 AM, brandy said:

As there should be only three bookable products, and maybe no onlinepayment is necessary (my customer´s still checking) ,  I also thought about a simple form, which sends the important customer-data and the ordering process is completed - everything else should happen "offline".

I recommend Stripe over PayPal. The simplest way to implement it is by using Stripe Checkout: https://stripe.com/en-hu/payments/checkout

Once I have done that for a "one product only" site.

This is the process in short:

• If visitor enters valid email address and provides quantity between 1 and 4 then he is allowed to proceed.
  • ProcessWire sends an email to the site owner in the background with the email address provided and the amount in it, so that the site owner knows that someone initiated the process.
  • Stripe Checkout comes up, customized with custom logo and a product image.
  • Customer can either cancel the process or pay (also provides shipping info).
  • If payment is successful, then customer gets confirmation message from ProcessWire and the bill from Stripe.

That's all there is to it. The site owner can manage all the orders via the Stripe admin, nothing is stored in the ProcessWire database, not even the email address.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, szabesz said:
  • If visitor enters valid email address and provides quantity between 1 and 4 then he is allowed to proceed.
  • ProcessWire sends and email to the site owner in the background with the email address provided and the amount in it, so that the site owner knows that someone initiated the process.
  • Stripe Checkout comes up, customized with custom logo and a product image.
  • Customer can either cancel the process or pay (also provides shipping info).
  • If payment is successful, then customer gets confirmation message from ProcessWire and the bill from Stripe.

I've done this exact same path and it works really well with the bare minimum, check that doc page @szabesz sent.

Stripe Checkout simplifies things a lot. FormBuilder seems to do this "plug and play" but I have honestly not tried it. The implementation of the checkout process is really minimal to get to the Checkout page if you want to remove FormBuilder from the equation, it ends up as very little code. 

• Like 2