LoginRegister Module: Require Fields

creativejay

The email and password fields are required, but I don't see a way to require other fields when I add them to the module in Modules > Configure > LoginRegister.

The site I'm working on uses LoginRegister as a first step in the checkout process with PadLoper and if they create the account with this info, it will autoload in the checkout process. PadLoper doesn't save the data entered to the User's page, so it seems simpler to require it during registration with Login/Register/Profile.

This seems like it should be simple. The fields are required in the user template but that doesn't seem to affect anything.

I’ve never used that module, but as far as I understand you’re supposed to just check the required box in the field settings. If you reuse the fields in other templates where they are not required, you can check the box in the template context field settings.

Looking at this line it might only work for text fields? Not sure what that’s about, but you can always hook LoginRegister::buildRegisterForm and modify the result yourself.

7 hours ago, adrian said:

In my humble opinion, that module is too broken to use and hasn't seen any updates since 2017

And it's also unique AFAIK in being the only module in the directory that doesn't have a support thread, which isn't great because it causes questions to be scattered all across the PW forums. And potential users should probably interpret the absence of a support thread as meaning "you are on your own if you use this module".

• Like 2

• 2 months later...