PW 3.0.159 – Core updates

ryan

Thanks for the update @ryan!

Could you please take a look at what might be causing the main download button for the dev version to be stuck on 3.0.153? It's been this way for several weeks. I know that the button always links to the current state of the dev branch but it's potentially confusing to users having the version number out of sync like this. Thanks ?

2020-06-06_094600.png.9bbad8927c38ac541c19a8b996dff934.png

• Like 3

Thank you for this update. ?

The "Remember this computer?" function is really handy for someone like me, who logs in daily into 10+ websites. Password managers like 1Password make this easy, but you always have to make an extra click.

I would support adding the TFA modules to the core, because in my opinion there are an essential security feature and I always install the TfaTotp module on every new website.

I have noticed a small bug: If you have the TFA reminder enabled for superusers in the ProcessLogin module and remember this computer, the notification is displayed, even if you already have TFA enabled.

Regards, Andreas

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I get with the latest version 3.0.162 dev and the module TfaTotp 0.4 the exception "Invalid base32 string" on our web hoster after the login attempt. On my local Mac it works like before.

Has anybody else this issue? I don't think the web hoster changed something.

Also the TFA reminder for superusers is still visible, even though it should be fixed with one of the latest commits. ?

Regards, Andreas

Don't know this feature, but whats about:

different PHP versions local and online? (or: different PHP extensions local and online?, that may be invoked by processing a base32 string.)

• Like 1

Ah maybe this could be it. I found out that it is neither an issue with the latest ProcessWire version nor the TfaTotp module.

The Error occurs when I activate TfaTotp locally first (PHP 7.4) and import the database on our web hoster (PHP 7.3).

If I activate TfaTotp on our web hoster first and then import the database locally, then there is no error.

I don't know what changed because the first way always worked for me. ?