Jump to content
OrganizedFellow

Need help troubleshooting this error.

Recommended Posts

Looks like there is something wrong with your entire encoding. At least this looks like missing UTF-8 support.

Did you move the folder, upgraded the webserver, changed the PHP version or something of that kind?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have it in a backup you can compare it with? Or is it in a local git repo - if so, you can see what changed using git diff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, netcarver said:

... a local git repo - if so, you can see what changed using git diff.

Git diff reports errors, uh oh 🙄😞

pw-gitdiff-error.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, wbmnfktr said:

Did you move the folder, upgraded the webserver, changed the PHP version or something of that kind?

This was relocated from my other PC/workstation to another. Nothing LAMP related is different, they are both identical.

I'm thinking something else is broken and may have to start over, as git is also throwing errors (see comment above).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, netcarver said:

Time to go to backups I think.

Sadly git was my backup 😞

I attempted several git checkout xxxxxx, but the error persists 😞 😢

 

pw-moregiterrors.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you push this repo anywhere? Github, gitlab, bitbucket, co-worker's machine etc? If so, you can pull the state back from the remote.

Edited to add, if there's corruption on your local drive, you might want to think about immediately backing up your data.

Try running git fsck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, netcarver said:

Did you push this repo anywhere? Github, gitlab, bitbucket, co-worker's machine etc? If so, you can pull the state back from the remote.

Edited to add, if there's corruption on your local drive, you might want to think about immediately backing up your data.

Try running git fsck.

no luck.

i may have lost everything. damnit. next time, I should (and will) use remote git, i have both gitlab & github. Why I did not use them for my project? I DUNNO!

pw-moregiterrors2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, OrganizedFellow said:

This was relocated from my other PC/workstation to another.

Does that machine still exist?

Tried using another git client another OS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, wbmnfktr said:

Does that machine still exist?

Tried using another git client another OS?

The machine exists, but as an addicted DistroHopper, it's been wiped.

Client? I use the command line.

 

No worries amigo, I have accepted the loss and will restart the project again tomorrow 😞 LESSON LEARNED!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OrganizedFellow said:

Client? I use the command line.

 

No worries amigo, I have accepted the loss and will restart the project again tomorrow 😞 LESSON LEARNED!

VSCode makes working with git a breeze and now that github has unlimited private repos it's really great combination! 

https://code.visualstudio.com/Docs/editor/versioncontrol
https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=eamodio.gitlens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, OrganizedFellow said:

as an addicted DistroHopper

You shall not distrohop! 😉 

Fingers crossed for the next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, netcarver said:

@OrganizedFellow

Do think about backing up your drive now. If it's starting to fail, this could be an early warning for you. 

Thanks buddy. This is a new laptop, new SSDs, and new Laragon setup.

Previously I would code on my aging Thinkpad T420, so I had made that backup to USB flash drive (should've been to gitlab - dummyme).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...