Change: field-name after page save

apeisa

Currently after each save PW admin shows lines for each changed line. While I like the idea (it gives nice comfort that each change was successful) there are few problems:

-It shows field name instead of field label. I usually have field names in English, but labels in multilang. So for Finnish users it will show something along these lines: Muutettu: summary. That is problematic, since word "summary" is nowhere to been seen. So simply using label instead of name would help here.

-It shows own line for each. On first save and certain pages it results 10+ lines above the form. More aesthetics than anything else, so not critical.

That makes sense, I'm fine with switching it from name to label. Though wondering if maybe I should just change it to "Updated %d fields" so that it all goes out in one message (and maybe reserve the individual change lines for debug mode or something).

Two birds with one stone is the English equivalent, but only cos we're mean to birds ;)

I'd like it to be one message too as some pages of mine have a LOT of fields. It might even be sensible to have it as a collapsible div so it just says "X fields updated" and have it reveal the info by clicking on a "more details" link. Just a thought - that way you retain the useful list but could style it in a better way than a comma-separated list on one line - I'm thinking a bullet list.

Two birds with one stone is the English equivalent, but only cos we're mean to birds ;)

I think I've heard another one too, is that possible? Must be really hard to hit two birds with one stone though. :D