Admin Theme from Commercial Template

alxndre

Hi everyone, I have a question. I'm not legal savvy, so I need a straight answer from someone who knows.

I'm currently creating an admin theme for a web application on top of processwire. The thing is, the theme will come from a commercial template for which I bought a developer license. The license states I can do with it whatever I want, sell it, use it multiple times in many projects, wreck it, whatever.

The question now is, when I'm done creating the template, could I release it to the public legally? Or would I be the only one able to use it?

I hope you guys are having a great day. :) Thanks.

• Like 1

I think that's probably a question for the developer of the commercial template that you bought. Since you apparently bought a non-restrictive developer license, then it sounds good on the surface. But Pete is right that nobody can answer this without actually seeing the license and looking for some kind of language that says you can release your stuff to the public as open source. My best guess is that the developer license probably allows what you want to do, but it would be good to make sure.