Custom page label format for select

Mackski

I can confirm, and also setting label to {parent.something.title} when something is a page reference doesn't work too.

I think this is might be related to another bug I encountered when sorting with page reference fields, i.e. "sort=field.subfield" when field is a page reference; it throws an exception.

1 hour ago, Mackski said:

Just wondering why the custom format is not applied to select options for page reference fields.

Custom format is working normally for me in a Page Reference select field in 3.0.62.

1 hour ago, Alxndre' said:

I can confirm, and also setting label to {parent.something.title} when something is a page reference doesn't work too.

This also works for me. Are you sure the 'something' Page Reference field you are using in the custom format returns a single page? If it returns a PageArray then I would expect this not to work.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mackski said:

i would expect to see the custom format as per page tree.

I don't agree - those are separate settings and a user might want to define separate formatting for each. But you are free to define the same formatting for both if you like:

• Setup > Fields > [your page reference field] > Input > Custom page label format
  • Setup > Templates > [your template] > Advanced > List of fields to display in the admin Page List

13 hours ago, Robin S said:
  • Setup > Fields > [your page reference field] > Input > Custom page label format
  • Setup > Templates > [your template] > Advanced > List of fields to display in the admin Page List

This is what I have done, the problem is, the custom page label format does not display in the select dropdown. Am I missing something previously stated?

EDIT: You are right Robin S, thanks for the clarification it was a typo on my behalf. Now working as expected. (Yes I feel stupid)

• Like 1