If anybody needs a 100% free livechat service...

bernhard

Thanks for posting this free live chat service. Actually one of my clients asked for a live chat on his webshop. It looks like there is no catch with this tawk live chat so lets find out. Gonna fire up a test site and play around with it and will post back about it later on.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, szabesz said:

:D

https://www.tawk.to/timeline/

look for: "JANUARY - Launch of the 100% Free tawk.to Ticketing system that deeply integrates with our existing live chat platform."

this could also be interesting for you @adrian (still not forgot your message ;) )

glad to hear that @pwired, looking forward to your experiences

Ok I fired up a test webshop and integrated the tawk live chat to find out the hows and whats

http://dev3.pe.hu scroll down and you find it at the bottom right corner. What do you think ?

The only catch seems to be the "powered by tawk.to" but hey it is offered as a free service. But statistics and chat data are processed on tawk.to and are not under your control. I can imagine that depending on the products or service you sell, customers will not like that. It all depends of course but privacy and what is tawk.to going to do with the processed data (third parties) needs to be considered and thought over. But then again this is the same for any live chat you would have on your website/shop. Perhaps a live chat under your own control on the same server as where your website/shop is would be a better idea ?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, pwired said:

But then again this is the same for any live chat you would have on your website/shop.

Sure, and one more disadvantage to add: my Ghostery browser plugin disables (i.e. removes) it. I use Ghostery with Safari and this is my browser when I simply surf the web, so Adblock Plus and Ghostery are set to disable all that they can. There might be others out there with the same habbit. :)