UTF8 pageName sanitization?

bernhard

yesterday i imported some blog-posts from an old pw version to a new one. worked like a charm, but today i saw that the url does not show german umlauts. the pagename is created from the title automatically after sanitization, so i tried this:

2016-09-01 16_23_49-Cortana.png

and after researching i found out about the new function: https://processwire.com/api/ref/sanitizer/page-nameut-f8/

2016-09-01 16_26_11-Starten.png

As you see, the result is not right! my config says this:

$config->pageNameCharset = 'UTF8';
$config->pageNameWhitelist = '-_.abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789æåäßöüđжхцчшщюяàáâèéëêěìíïîõòóôøùúûůñçčćďĺľńňŕřšťýžабвгдеёзийклмнопрстуфыэęąśłżź';

and trying lowercase letter it got even worse!

2016-09-01 16_32_40-Starten.png

am i missing anything?

pw 3.0.30

I only get the same incorrect output as you if the script that invokes pageNameUTF8 (or the passed string) is encoded in iso-8859 instead of utf8. When everything is properly encoded, I get back the string with umlauts intact.

• Like 1

Hi again,

Ok, the console panel in the latest version of Tracy now works fine.

When I initially coded it I was using GET not POST (I don't even remember why, but obviously a bad idea), but it meant I needed to base64 encode everything which was breaking the UTF8 of your content. Even though I switched to POST even before I released it, I never removed the base64. I could have recoded it as utf8 which actually does work, but I think the right thing to do is simply remove the base64 encoding, which has also made the console much snappier. 

Anyway, you will notice that the first time you open the console (after upgrading to the latest version) that the contents will be base64. After that you should be fine.

Please let me know if there are any other issues along these lines or any other situations where you feel you can't trust the console panel.

Screen Shot 2016-09-02 at 9.38.55 AM.png

PS Sorry for the time everyone spent on this!

• Like 5