Send a page as newsletter

Gideon So

Not sire what you mean by "to compose an newsletter in the backend as a page". Write the email in textarea field? Or send a rendered output of a page via email. Anyway, both ways are possible using WireMail.

And check out this awesome module by Martijn that just might be useful in this case.

Edited by Ivan Gretsky

It's surely possible. Recently I've done a very similar newsletter solution, see screens here.

Basically you need to send an email with contents of the newsletter page body (or other) field. Things get complex when you need things like preview email (which is a must imho), subscriber lists, etc. I've done this addons mainly with JS/Ajax.

• Like 3

Not sire what you mean by "to compose an newsletter in the backend as a page". Write the email in textarea field? Or send a rendered output of a page via email. Anyway, both ways are possible using WireMail.

And check out this awesome module by Martijn that just might be useful in this case.

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for the input. I will surely take a look. What I want to do is send a rendered output of a page via mailgun.

Gideon

It's surely possible. Recently I've done a very similar newsletter solution, see screens here.

Basically you need to send an email with contents of the newsletter page body (or other) field. Things get complex when you need things like preview email (which is a must imho), subscriber lists, etc. I've done this addons mainly with JS/Ajax.

Hi tpr,

Would you share how to get it done?? A tutorial would be good and helpful to many.

Gideon

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking to do something similar where a page is "published" to subscribers before publishing to the site - i.e. when a page is saved (with email checkbox?) it sends out a email to all subscribers (probably a repeater on a subscribers page), and then you can publish to page later (uncheck the field on the page?).

Can WireMail be used in this way in a new module of fronend template?